Titanium Dioxide in Clear M&P

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Mrs T

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A bit of background.... I'm in the UK so am limited to using one type of base per Cosmetic Assessment that we need to legally sell soaps here.

Therefore, I have chosen to use a clear base and add TD when needed so I can get the best options with designs. I purchased a premixed liquid suspension TD and added to my M&P and it is cloudy with spots. It is specifically advertised as ideal for M&P to avoid this problem. Do you think I need to blend it in like you would in Cold Process? And other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance for any replies 😊

ResolvableOwl

Reaction score
Have you mixed the TD suspension with a small quantity of M&P base first, before stirring into the full batch?

Mrs T

Reaction score
Have you mixed the TD suspension with a small quantity of M&P base first, before stirring into the full batch?
Hi, thankyou for your reply. Yes, I tried it in 50g of base but it still didn't disperse properly.
I did try blending it in for a few seconds and it worked. I just need to cut it open to see if it ended up bubbly inside but it looked OK from what I could see.

ResolvableOwl

Reaction score
Bubbles in M&P can be tricky. A spray bottle with rubbing alcohol can help you with that. Luckily, you can cube and remelt the soap up until you are not happy with the dispersion.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Try mixing titanium dioxide with a little clear glycerin before adding to M&P soap.

Mrs T

Reaction score
Bubbles in M&P can be tricky. A spray bottle with rubbing alcohol can help you with that. Luckily, you can cube and remelt the soap up until you are not happy with the dispersion.
Thankyou, I have a good supply of isopropyl at the ready lol. Iv been playing with bases and techniques for about two years on and off as a hobby but I still find some things to bamboozle me lol

alistairuk

Reaction score
Just a heads up, some of the providers of CPSRs will allow you to use a mix of Clear and White M&P base providing it's the same brand/type of base - worth checking with whoever your planning to use.

Mrs T

Reaction score
Just a heads up, some of the providers of CPSRs will allow you to use a mix of Clear and White M&P base providing it's the same brand/type of base - worth checking with whoever your planning to use.
That would make life much easier. I will email the company and ask. Thankyou for that tip

Latest posts