Tips on making dried flowers stick to CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IzzySoaper

Reaction score
I have been playing around with different scents and dried flowers lately For some reason every time I try to put dried lavender buds on the top of my cold process soap it does not stick. EX. I made a loaf two days ago after I had poured on the mold I added the lavender buds. Two days after, when it was time to cut about 90% of the buds fell off. I tried looking online for tips, but have had no luck.. TIA :rolleyes:

The soap will turn the buds brown and they will look like little mouse poops. So maybe be glad they fell off!

I have read about people pouring a thin layer of MP on top of the CP and putting the buds on that.

The soap will turn the buds brown and they will look like little mouse poops. So maybe be glad they fell off!

I have read about people pouring a thin layer of MP on top of the CP and putting the buds on that.

I was unaware that also putting the buds on top made them turn brown, from what I had read it only did it if I mixed it in with the soap. Thank you (I just learned something new today) I wonder what other lavender color flower etc... I could place on top? I just unmolded a unscented goats milk and oats soap, and the same thing happen to the oats almost all fell off. I wonder if I am just waiting too long to sprinkle on top of the soap or am I missing something.

I would think you are waiting too long. Try adding your topping while the soap is still wet and soft, gently press down to help it stick better.

All flowers eventually turn brown in or on soap with the exception of calendula, they stay yellow.

Also, anything you stick on top of the soap not only will turn brown, but it can also grow mold if you don't use a light hand with the add-ons. I've seen some really amazing pics of colorful mold growing on rolled oats stuck on soap.

Latest posts

Back