Tips for piping all over the a freshly cut bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CpnDouchette

Reaction score
Kiddo loves Monsters Inc so I am going all out. I made a sully coloured loaf and the following day I cut it into bars and piped using Russian piping tips all over - front, back, sides and top, adding eyes. She will love them regardless however piping was tricky - getting the angle right for the bottom and not knocking the piped 'fluff'. I settled for an upside down jug on top of a lazy Susan, but getting them off onto a surface was also challenging.

Any pro tips? Any useful equipment?

What I do is place them on a sheet pan covered with freezer paper, and then use the lazy susan. Depending on how many bars total I'm doing, sometimes this means I have to do them in batches on multiple sheet pans.

How do you get to the back of them once you've done the first one? I suppose i could just do you just do one row or maybe a diagonal line across the tray.... I hadn't thought of that. Thank you

I suppose i could just do you just do one row
Yep, that's why I use a sheet pan. I have two half sheet pans dedicated to my soap dungeon, so I can usually fit a small batch (9 bars) or split a regular batch (18 bars) across the two pans. I put them in two staggered rows on each side of the pan - so that I can easily reach all sides without bumping the bar next to it. The only problem I have is when I do two pans, I don't trust myself taking the pan off the lazy susan, so I usually end up making a batch of frosting for each pan, letting the first pan setup before removing from lazy susan, and then doing the second pan. I need to get a second lazy susan... so I don't do regular batches very often.

Fab, thank you, this is really helpful. I did knock 4 of the 9 bars so I feel your pain.... 😢

Latest posts

Back