Time to make da Halloween soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbrown123

Reaction score
I would like to make Witches Brew from WSP. I have never soaped this before and frankly all of the new things I have tried from them lately have been weak in strength. Cedarwood and Sage I could have added an entire extra oz. easily. Raspberry Lemonade same thing. Raspberry Vanilla can hardly detect it in my finished bar. I normally use 2 oz in 40 oz of oils and that is a strength I have been happy with for tha majority of fragrances that I use. But these fall scents are not so good for me lately. Has anyone used this one that can make recommendations on strength? The Peak Chart says good but nothing on after cure and scent retention. Thank you!

Last edited:
My sniffer may be broken! Lol! i think I typed that in wrong. I should have said for 40 oz oils. That's a typical batch for me. I'll fix that now.....

Last edited:
At that usage rate of 2 OZ PPO, it's not considered safe any more. That's more like 12.6% of oils or at the least 7% of the whole batch, and max suggested rate is 5%. I actually don't know what would happen, may be nothing if you have been using the soaps without issues, but I wouldn't do it.

Oops, guess I reacted little too early!

I would like to make Witches Brew from WSP. I have never soaped this before and frankly all of the new things I have tried from them lately have been weak in strength. Cedarwood and Sage I could have added an entire extra oz. easily. Raspberry Lemonade same thing. Raspberry Vanilla can hardly detect it in my finished bar. I normally use 2 oz in 40 oz of oils and that is a strength I have been happy with for tha majority of fragrances that I use. But these fall scents are not so good for me lately. Has anyone used this one that can make recommendations on strength? The Peak Chart says good but nothing on after cure and scent retention. Thank you!
She is using 2 oz in 40 oz oils which is 5%, not 16 oz (lb). I use 6-6.5% fo in almost all my soaps. Also some fo's can be used very high if one decides to go by the IFRA for some fragrances. As for Raspberry Lemonade, I have some from WSP and after 2 months smell is all gone, with 6.5% use rate :-( fourteen bars to the rebatch bin

Last edited:
Sorry, L, I did not read your post clearly enough. I am tired (****, why can't doctors make tiredness go away :) but in penitance I will try to do some research on that FO and let you know what other people say, if they do.

She is using 2 oz in 40 oz oils which is 5%, not 16 oz (lb). I use 6-6.5% fo in almost all my soaps. Also some fo's can be used very high if one decides to go by the IFRA for some fragrances. As for Raspberry Lemonade, I have some from WSP and after 2 months smell is all gone, with 6.5% use rate :-( fourteen bars to the rebatch bin

The original post before the OP edited it did say that they use 2 oz PPO.

I soap WSP Witches Brew at 0.5oz ppo and the scent is pretty strong (to my nose anyway). I just went and sniffed a bar from the first batch I made with this FO in July of last year, and it still smells good - very minimal fading!

Thank you Cerelife. I was hoping someone had soaped this one. i will give it a go at .5oz PPO for the first pass also. I love Patchouli now but two years ago not at all!
Cmzaha I love the raspberry lemonade so much I am going to have to think of a way to get it in my soap. I am thinking a melt and pour with CP Imbeds. I would not mind a sugar scrub with that either.

Last edited:
YAY for for Halloween soap! My favorite holiday!! I want this one too, I am a heavy-handed scent adder like not_ally, although I usually just read the FO/EO when I buy it and add its max percentage. Most are 5, some are 3. I have never been brave enough to do a 6 though. Learned something!

When I have been smelling a lot of fragrance my nose gets deadened to the smells. We went on vacation last year and brought one bar with us. After being outside all day in fresh air my nose must have cleared a bit. When we walked in to the motel room the fragrance was overpowering! Even I was thinking that is way too strong! I have started to cut back on the level and I only smell it in the bathroom now. Much better!

Back