Time-saving Tips

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the "cut two pieces" one for the length/width of the mold to cover end pieces, the other for the length/depth of the mold to cover the walls group. the only folding I do is to make sure that my corners are nice and tight. I can cut and line my mold in a minute. I've watched videos of the one piece fold pleat method... I has no skillz for that! I have custom sized molds, so I haven't found a silicone liner that fits, and I've tried several different materials to make my own - always ending up being more of a pain than time saver. Some day when I have the cash and find a reputable source, I'll have my own liners made for my molds.

I’d love to fold without cutting but cannot figure it out for the life of me.
I got so frustrated with lining molds. First, I always had leaks when I cut the paper the way you do. I found a folded method that was easier and didn’t result in leaks, but it still took too much time. I eventually just bought some molds with silicone liners and life is SO MUCH BETTER. But in case you want to try your hand at the fold method again, I found this YouTube video that is even a little simpler than the fold method I was using.

I may be one of the few who actually likes using freezer paper and doesn't mind folding. I do usually make a couple of freezer paper liners at the same time to save time for the next loaf of soap. AND I re-use the same liner perhaps as much as 3 times, depending on the soap made. Soap poured at emulsion tends to leak more into the folds, but I can still remove it from the folded corners without too much difficulty usually.

Latest posts

Back