Tight skin feeling when using CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah hah! That’s why I couldn’t find it. Thank you @AliOop so very much for going to the effort to look for it for me. I really appreciate it. Making a batch now. I half expected the lye water to fizzle when I added the CA.
We have terribly hard water. Though have a water softener service, a few days before the monthly canister is changed, my husband and I get terribly itchy. Hoping the CA will help. It’ll be an interesting experiment. Thanks to SMF, and my epic math skillz (if I do say so myself), I used exactly 2% for my 3,400g of oils.

I’ll report any results in a few months after I’ve sufficiently tested the cured soap.

You are very welcome! We don't have super hard water, but a few months ago, our city water service upped the chlorine so much that we can smell it coming out of the tap... well, I could before COVID zapped my sense of smell!

Anyway, we invested $20 in a shower-head filter from Home Depot that cuts way down on the chlorine, metals, etc. Took my husband 5 minutes to install it. My itchy leg dandruff was gone almost immediately, so I know it's working. Even with a water softener, it might be worth trying one of these to see if it helps, at least while you are waiting for your soap to cure.

Back