Tiger stripes galore!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

seven

Reaction score

Scented with sex on the beach FO. the yellow got a bit too dark for my taste and it didn't quite have the contrast i wanted with the orange. oh well...

Again, i encountered problem with making this one as my mold was quite tall. i was using a cardboard for the stripes bit and the cardboard was placed at a weird angle, it ended up sinking to the base. Plus, i think the batter was a bit too thin, thus the color bleed, grrrrrrr :evil:

This one is scented with a blend of euca and peppermint EOs

vidahlia

Reaction score
Nice! I think the yellow looks great. I usually can't get mine dark enough.

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truly lovely!

I'm sorry the second soap didn't turn out the way you wanted. I love the
random look to it....as though the pattern just floated around until it found the spot it wanted!

Perfection is highly over-rated. It's the surprises and mistakes that often
make the best art!

seven

Reaction score
thanks guys :)

vidahlia... if you want a strong yellow, i suggest cellini yellow mica (or was it oxide? geez can't remember, lol!) mixed with a tiny bit of yellow oxide (the yellow oxide in reality is a dull, weird, turmeric like yellow thingy, which is nasty to use on its own me thinks). gotta use quite a lot of the cellini yellow though, coz it's quite soft.

lenarenee... you are quite right! sometimes we just gotta loosen up a bit and not have a too high expectations. what's important is the fun, right? and this soap is actually growing on me, the more i see it, the more i like it. not sure if i can repeat it though, it's purely accidental :D

neeners

Reaction score
oh ya....I'm with you...such disappointments.....NOT!!! they're BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I can't pick a favourite, I love them both.

kazmi

Reaction score
I really like both of them but am drawn to the uniqueness of the second one. Like Lenarenee said, it looks like the pattern floated around. That's what I love about handmade soap - each bar is so unique.

kryse13

Reaction score
The first one looks like a sand dune to me. I think the swirling it it is perfect. And I really like the second. I agree about the randomness and think you should try to make more like it with different colors! :)

Derpina Bubbles

Reaction score
Another couple of amazing soaps from you. Love them! You really know how to work that tall mould.

yadonm

Reaction score
They're stunning. That's what I love about soaping; you can get completely lost in creating a work of art.

Lion Of Judah

Reaction score
you did two wonderful job, both look great . one thing i have learned is that every soap maker is very critical of their own soap and yet they produce great soap :)
cudos on two lovely product

seven

Reaction score
Thank you again... Yes, i can be very critical of my own soaps, esp if you have the perfect design pictured in yer mind and the result looks nothing like it :D

I found colors to be a bit tricky. I have so much to learn on this area.