Three layer coffee soap (with real coffee grounds!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Vampire

Reaction score
I'm so proud of this one! I think this is the best set of bars I've made. I don't actually like coffee- as a drink or the smell- but I love it as an exfoliant. Each layer has one K-cup worth of coffee grounds between.

. coffee1.jpg coffee2.jpg

Your soap looks great! I have never tried the coffee grounds in my soap, may have to give it a go :)

Thanks! My boyfriend and I tried it today and it actually works really well as a not overly abrasive body scrub. If you try it I hope it works out :)

Thanks! My boyfriend and I tried it today and it actually works really well as a not overly abrasive body scrub. If you try it I hope it works out :)
So how much coffee grounds do you put in your soap? I was using the same measurement as I do for oatmeal and its kinda rough on the skin.

So how much coffee grounds do you put in your soap? I was using the same measurement as I do for oatmeal and its kinda rough on the skin.
This member hasn't been here since the 25 th January 2021, so probably won't answer your post.The post said 1 cup of grounds for each layer.

I use 1/2 tbsp of fresh grounds of coffee per pound of oil. I use a lot of exfoliants in my mechanics soap, in addition to coffee grounds I also do 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds per pound of oil and shredded loofah at the same rate.

That is real nice -- and I'm telling you that even tho' I can't understand how someone doesn't drink coffee!!! :) I like to use both grounds and brewed coffee in soap.
I don't drink coffee. I used to, but stopped when I learned it was a contributor to the breast pain that I used to get. I quit coffee and the pains stopped. I started drinking coffee again and the pains started again. So I quit again. I have to say I do NOT enjoy pain, so have no problem whatsoever not drinking coffee. Supposedly, it is the caffeine in the coffee, but I can drink tea, although I do limit myself to 2 cups per day. Even when I limited myself to 2 demitasse cups of coffee per day, I still got those pains, which where really rather unbearable.

Now and then I'll smell coffee and be tempted, but have discovered after so many years of not drinking coffee, even a sip turns my stomach. My husband loves coffee and we go on coffee plantation tours and I do enjoy the smell of it when he does coffee tasting, but I just cannot stomach it myself.

Incidentally, I cannot find a link to anything about what I read long ago suggesting it wasn't just the caffeine, but something else in coffee that contributed to the pain. Now all I can find is that it's the caffeine. Maybe it's both (whatever that other thing was...) There are plenty of links about the effect of caffeine in breast pain in women with fibrocystic breast changes. This one for example: Breast cysts: What role does caffeine play?

Latest posts

Back