Thread titles and my very strange mind.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help w/ Volcano

No prob, dude! We will manage this. Start with 70% coconut oil + 20% stearic acid + 10% castor: melt up in a crockpot until clear. Add 3% of each clove EO and isopropanol. Meanwhile, mix honey into the lye water, and carefully bring it to a simmer just before combining. SB on “high”. Large slab mould with thick plywood walls (but good luck to transfer it over there at all).

Pro tip: pre-disperse plenty of TD into the oils, it really makes it easier to find all the spots where it has splattered after the Big Eruption.

Last edited:
Can cold-process soap have base?

Yep! Didn't ya know?
It's all about the base, no treble

I'm weird. My brain just started singing that and that song actually annoys me lol

ROTFLMAO!

I thought it was about the baste, as in basting a turkey!

Mathematician help required.

Can you help me out? My day job is in hypergeometric differential topology, nothing too exciting. Now my professor has charged me with substituting her to hold a freshmen's lecture. Point is, they aren't even doing normal simple stuff like proofs, series expansions, or matrix diagonalisation. Instead they are using actual numbers, doing mean things like addition to them, to make even more numbers!!
As something that she considers a “simple example”, she has included a walk-through of a soap recipe into the lecture. Like in, real-world things! Gasp. Until now I've believed that soap is something that falls out of a factory. Just to learn that they're handling numbers, and they call it “math” as well – though it appears that it has nothing in common with ordinary mathematics. I'm at a loss. Can someone help me please?

Just a little soaparoo!

If you grew up in Canada in the 20th century, you think of this guy:
1639289477905.png

Back