Thread titles and my very strange mind.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oatmeal, Milk and Honey recipe?

Take your favourite breakfast cereal bowl. Fill it half-full with rolled oats. Add milk (cow, goat, sheep, almond, soy … whatever you like/tolerate) until just barely covered; stir. Let it stand for 10 minutes, then top off with some more milk. Stir and put it into the microwave for 30 seconds – repeat until the oats have set into a delicious, steaming, ropy porridge.
Now scoop a good tbsp of semisolid honey. Stick it next to the side into the bowl, and slowly rotate inwards in a spiral pattern (it might be easier to rotate the bowl instead of constantly switching hands with the honey spoon).
If all went right, the honey will have molten into a spiral pattern into the semisolid porridge. Time to enjoy that heavenly OMH breakfast!

omh.jpg
My honey was too thick (winter time…) and didn't distribute readily when swirling. You have to believe me that I've tried, but it wasn't easy to see. Spiralling paprika-infused olive oil over hummus is definitely more photogenic.

I also took the liberty to top the porridge by grating some cassia cinnamon and tonka bean over it. Mmmmh! I probably used up my monthly coumarin budget with this meal.

Struggling with FO Purchases

I know, they just love to buy stuff, don't they? I mean, I swear my FOs used to stay up all night buying more FOs. That's the only explanation for how they multiplied like rabbits and overtook my soap room. I finally had to take away their credit card!

Soap Won't Cut Smoothly

Hmmm, maybe the soap needs a demonstration on proper cutting technique? Or perhaps its knife needs sharpening? 🤷‍♀️

Latest posts

Back