Thread titles and my very strange mind.

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Help w/ Volcano

No prob, dude! We will manage this. Start with 70% coconut oil + 20% stearic acid + 10% castor: melt up in a crockpot until clear. Add 3% of each clove EO and isopropanol. Meanwhile, mix honey into the lye water, and carefully bring it to a simmer just before combining. SB on “high”. Large slab mould with thick plywood walls (but good luck to transfer it over there at all).

Pro tip: pre-disperse plenty of TD into the oils, it really makes it easier to find all the spots where it has splattered after the Big Eruption.

Last edited:

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Milk/Water Split

Oh no, not again! Those two are always breaking up, then making up. Probably because Milk keeps have those flings with Coffee. I mean, if I were Water, that would upset me, too! Why does she keep taking him back when she knows he will just do it again? Maybe it's for the kids...

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mathematician help required.

Can you help me out? My day job is in hypergeometric differential topology, nothing too exciting. Now my professor has charged me with substituting her to hold a freshmen's lecture. Point is, they aren't even doing normal simple stuff like proofs, series expansions, or matrix diagonalisation. Instead they are using actual numbers, doing mean things like addition to them, to make even more numbers!!
As something that she considers a “simple example”, she has included a walk-through of a soap recipe into the lecture. Like in, real-world things! Gasp. Until now I've believed that soap is something that falls out of a factory. Just to learn that they're handling numbers, and they call it “math” as well – though it appears that it has nothing in common with ordinary mathematics. I'm at a loss. Can someone help me please?

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Zanys no slime Owls

OMG, Zany came up with another No Slime product? That gal can do ANYTHING!

Slimey Owls? So glad we now have a non-slimy owl alternative.

Can cold-process soap have base?

Daddy (Soap) sang bass,
Momma (LS) sang tenor,
me & little brother
we joined right in there.