Thread titles and my very strange mind.

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Reaction score
Ricing and Acceleration? And Cocoa Butter?

Less something to chuckle, but rather from the literal “my very strange mind” category: The international/scientific/INCI name of “castor” is “ricinus”. My mind repeatedly attempts to connect that thread title to castor. It doesn't help that, with many browser tabs open, the tab title cuts off the “g” and I'm left with “ricin” (a lot more troublesome).

Surprisingly, the same mind has never realised (by itself) that the ricinus bean shares its name “castor” with the Greek mythological figure/bright star in the Gemini constellation, beavers, as well as the nuclear waste storage/transport containers.

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
Best Soap Cutter 🤔

Best not me, but someone else … but I'd like to rely on the quality of their work.
Oh, she’s beveled and wrapped plenty of soap. She does a great job (she cares about details) and actually enjoys it. Learning how to finesse the heat gun needs improvement. 🌞

Vicki C

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, she’s beveled and wrapped plenty of soap. She does a great job (she cares about details) and actually enjoys it. Learning how to finesse the heat gun needs improvement. 🌞
Hahaha I think best soap cutter should be the next soap challenge. (PS, freestyle soap cutting is NOT my forté.)

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
HELLO.....

...it's me.
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
to go over
everything....

8DF7E552-F2F9-4B72-8AF6-8EBCF4DECF92.jpeg

Last edited:

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Reaction score
protecting my soaps while on vacation

Yes, our darling soaps with their temperamental teen souls are so difficult to supervise when we're on vacation together! Not imaginable when they have intimate skin contact early at the wrong sinks!

How much honey?

As much as you want, darling! 😍
Inevitable XKCD: To Taste

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
LAZY IMPROVISED SOAP MOLD

Do you find that the improvised ones are lazier than the regular ones? Either way, I hate it when my molds are lazy! Especially when they leave the toilet seat up - that's the worst!

Bubble Agent

Reaction score
Bigger masterbatch idea..will it fly?

Well, did you manage to get your smaller batches to fly? If not, I`ll doubt a bigger batch will manage to lift off.

But that may of course depend on the size of its wings. Or propellers...

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
How do you 'test' your soap?

I say testy things to it like, "Oh poor, widdle, fwaidy soap, what's the matter with you- did the mean, ol' superfat scare the bubbles out of you?", and then I dunk it under the water and rub it all over with a scrubby wash cloth. It gets them all in a lather. 😁

Latest posts