Thoughts on Yucca Schidigera Juice in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wanting your thoughts on using Yucca Schidigera Juice as the liquid in a soap batch. I have a Premium Food Grade Concentrate, that you mix with distilled Water to take internally or what ever you wanted. Just had a thought on what it would bring to soap as we sometimes use aloe vera juice in our soaps.

Here is all the info I have on my concentrate.

PH: 3.9 + 0.2
Saponin 10 -12%
Preservatuve 1% Sodium Benzoate
Food Grade: FDA CFR 172.510, /FEMA -3121

Human use: mix 1/2 - 1 teaspoon per liter of water. Reported to have several health benefits.

Use as a shampoo or body wash.

Spray your garden vegetables or mix in watering can for added nourishment to plants.

Just Wondering

That would an interesting experiment! Back in the '70's there was a shampoo that my mom often bought for our family to use called Yucca Dew, which contained yucca, of course. We really liked it, but I haven't seen it around for years. Anyhow, I'm thinking you should be able to use it in soap. At least I don't see why not. My best guess as to how much to use would be to dilute it with the amount water you'd normally use for ingesting it, and use that as your batch water amount. At least that's how I would go about it.

IrishLass :)

I've never heard of that. What part of the Yuca plant does it come from?

Arimara, It comes from the root of the plant. Way back in years past, settlers and Indians used the plant root to cleanse their hair and body. I have used it just to try without diluting on my wet hair and it did clean it, but it was a weird clean and had to use lots of water. Ha. Glad it was a plant extract and didn't loose my hair. I am game to try things.:)

That would an interesting experiment! Back in the '70's there was a shampoo that my mom often bought for our family to use called Yucca Dew, which contained yucca, of course. We really liked it, but I haven't seen it around for years. Anyhow, I'm thinking you should be able to use it in soap. At least I don't see why not. My best guess as to how much to use would be to dilute it with the amount water you'd normally use for ingesting it, and use that as your batch water amount. At least that's how I would go about it.

IrishLass :)

This is interesting on the Yucca Dew. Thank you for sharing that. I love to try things, so I think I am going to experiment with a batch and see how it does. I have half a gallon left of the extract and can only use it on so many plants and fruit trees.

Arimara, It comes from the root of the plant. Way back in years past, settlers and Indians used the plant root to cleanse their hair and body. I have used it just to try without diluting on my wet hair and it did clean it, but it was a weird clean and had to use lots of water. Ha. Glad it was a plant extract and didn't loose my hair. I am game to try things.:)

Ok and thanks. To be honest, I rather just eat it but if memory serves me right, It's a root I am not too fond of.

Back