Thoughts on these "Essential Oils"?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodge

Reaction score
Hi all,

I came across this product:
https://moodessentialoils.co.uk/products/comforting-essential-oil-set-vanilla-coconut-and-coffee

And was under the impression that you couldn't really get essential oils from these plants. Or if you could, they were extremely expensive.

Am I wrong? This company sells fragrance oils for vanilla, coconut, and coffee as well which confused me - what the heck are these then?

I've messaged the company for clarification and will post their reply if and when it comes, but for now - thoughts?

I think they are fragrance oils only. There is no such thing as vanilla or coconut EO. There is coffee but I understand its expensive.

I wouldn't buy from them, not even FO. They are either dishonest or stupid.

I think they are fragrance oils only. There is no such thing as vanilla or coconut EO. There is coffee but I understand its expensive.

I wouldn't buy from them, not even FO. They are either dishonest or stupid.
I have Vanilla 10 fold (Vanilla planifolia) from NDA which is labeled an essential oil. Very expensive.

Yeah I wouldn't trust anything from these guys. Cherry essential oil? Strawberry?
Even the ones that could be legit EOs (bergamot, basil, etc) are too cheap to be real....

Latest posts

Back