Thoughts on the Accuteck Gold scale?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I would go with a scale that has a .1 gram accuracy. This one says .1 OZ accuracy. You may not use grams very often, but when necessary, it's really important. Maybe message the seller & ask about this before purchasing.

I ended up not liking the K-7000 very much so bought another scale on top of it. It just isn't as accurate as I would prefer. I also have a jewellers scale for even more precise measurements but max capacity on these is much lower. Very much suitable for preservatives & essential oils, I have found.

That's my experience anyways :)

There was a very useful thread on scales posted back in 2019, here. I ended up buying the OXO scale to weigh base oils, lye and water mostly because I needed a compact scale due to space limitations and preferred cordless. I’m now on my second set of batteries, but the first set lasted for 20 months. I check the calibration every few months with calibration weights and have not had any issues. I would not buy the OXO scale if I worked in ounces because the reading for that scale is in 1/8 oz units rather than tenths. On the other hand, it’s very handy for weighing bars for labelling. I use a relatively inexpensive jewelers scale to weigh essential oils and other small quantities.
Check this post and the links about scale reviews. Helped me decide on my new scale. I got the KD-8000 and a small jewelry scale for precise small amounts.

Personally, I would go with a scale that has a .1 gram accuracy. This one says .1 OZ accuracy. You may not use grams very often, but when necessary, it's really important. Maybe message the seller & ask about this before purchasing.

I ended up not liking the K-7000 very much so bought another scale on top of it. It just isn't as accurate as I would prefer. I also have a jewellers scale for even more precise measurements but max capacity on these is much lower. Very much suitable for preservatives & essential oils, I have found.

That's my experience
I started out using one like this:

https://www.amazon.ca/Etekcity-Mult...?keywords=kitchen+scale&qid=1680368540&sr=8-5
I still use it for cooking and baking. There's no need to buy the best when you're just starting out. If you find that this obsession becomes a long term interest, then I would recommend the KD-8000 and a good jeweller's scale.
Thank you. Wife just said to get the kd -8000 and she would use it as a kitchen scale someday if needed. She can also use it for her lotion/liquid soap (or whatever else) endeavors). So, I pulled the trigger and ordered it. Was just getting ready to update this thread with the purchase decision, so thanks for the reminder! 😊

P.S. I did get a small inexpensive but well reviewed jewelers scale as well for my measuring of ROE and EO.

Latest posts

Back