Thoughts/advice...asked to make wedding favors.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean1C

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have only been on this forum for the past month. I have been soaping for a year and lurking here longer. I do not sell my soap, just make some for personal use and give a lot to friends/family. The feedback has been really good.
This evening while at dinner, my daughter's friend asked if I would make the soap for her wedding. It is a small event with only about 60-70 people. Of course she said she would pay me. ( my daughter is in the wedding). It is in the last part of October.
I was thinking of maybe selling my soaps next summer. I owned my own business for 8 years and I am approaching this with caution since I recall how much time I spent with my previous business.
I am not even sure how to proceed...do I want to proceed? Any advice would be appreciated. Considering a curing time I would want to get the colors/fragrance right soon.
Thank you all in advance.
Jean

I think in big part it would depend on what she wants. Just a simple soap with an easy to use fo? Or something complicated with additives that may be difficult to work with? And what about packaging?

I would do guest size bars for a wedding. I saw some at a wedding I was at- they had guest sized Rose MP bars wrapped in black and white paper- like random book pages, tied with red ribbon with the couple's name on the front with the wedding day. Very simple and classy. I liked it.
Packaging should be pretty easy- I would ask them about a fragrance they would like and what the colors of the wedding are and go from there. Good luck- it's super fun to do weddings. :)

Her colors are purple and black/white. I love the idea of the book pages...maybe tied with a purple ribbon and some type of jewel thingy in the middle of the ribbon. Heck...maybe even those wedding rings that they sell in the craft store.

I think in big part it would depend on what she wants. Just a simple soap with an easy to use fo? Or something complicated with additives that may be difficult to work with? And what about packaging?

Good questions, but I think she is a simple type of person, so I could suggest a fragrance. The bouquet she has picked out is a mixture of purple/lavender flowers. Really pretty.

I also don't sell and my Jack and Jill is coming up in October for which I wanted to give soaps for favors as well. I am still debating the size I want to make.

Her colors are purple and black/white. I love the idea of the book pages...maybe tied with a purple ribbon and some type of jewel thingy in the middle of the ribbon. Heck...maybe even those wedding rings that they sell in the craft store.

It really was cool. I think it would be gorgeous with purple and the rings would be cute. Shoot- Lavender soap- there ya go. :)

It really was cool. I think it would be gorgeous with purple and the rings would be cute. Shoot- Lavender soap- there ya go. :)

Okay...so little guest size soaps fragranced with lavender...maybe some sort of black/white swirl with a little layer of purple on the top and some dried lavender turds...Packaging with print paper and a purple ribbon with the rings...Boo YAH! I am set! Should be a fun project since I usual only soap for myself/friends.

I also don't sell and my Jack and Jill is coming up in October for which I wanted to give soaps for favors as well. I am still debating the size I want to make.

Jack and Jill? Is that a formal version of the back country "stag and drag" we have here? lol. I am not familiar with the term.

Latest posts

Back