thought you'd all be amused...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilsonFamilyPicnic

Reaction score
so, i decided to take a hot chocolate bath this morning...i had one at the hershey spa some time ago and have tried different versions at home. anyway this one was powdered milk, cocoa, cornstarch.

so, instead of mixing it up cold (and following the directions!), i boil some water on the stove, turn it off, dump in my ingredients, stir....and its lumpy! so i grab a wisk, start wisking, turn it back on low and i am standing there with the feeling of deja vu....then i realize....i was making myself a chocolate gravy!!!!

so, fyi, it was a weird, lumpy bath and i have some scrubbing to do later...learn from my mishaps!

Not sure what different recipes you have tried but thought I would share one of mine with you.
Chocolate Milk Bath
1-2 teaspoons Cocoa Powder
1 tablespoon Full Cream Powder
1 Cup of Bath Salts
Combine the salt of your choice, full cream powder, and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well. While filling the tub, hold the mixing bowl at a slight angle under the faucet so that the mixture is dispersed into the tub slowly.
Mmm... fat free chocolate indulgence!

that looks like a good recipe! i usually use cocoa powder, powdered milk and then i start throwing in epsom salt or baking soda.....sometimes bubbles. OOOOH! that is when you feel like you are sitting in a cup of hot foamy cocoa!

Back