Those that ship your items to Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
I'm thinking about offering shipping to Canada and wanted to know how easy/difficult it maybe? I've never shipped to a customer in Canada except one time when someone wanted to sample my soap. The package got to her without the soaps in it! When they ask what your shipping what do you put? I apologize if it sounds like a stupid question but like I said never did it before.

I don't believe shipping something up here is that difficult. You must make sure that everything is properly labeled. Contents, destination, etc. Be careful when you put a value on it. If it's worth $50, then say $50. If it's worth more, then say more. I point that out because whatever value you put on the contents will be used to calculate the duty the receiver has to pay at the other end.

I receive parcels from across the border often enough and don't have any problems.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Don't worry or think about the duty the receiver has to pay either. It's something we expect. Anyone who orders something from across the border should be going into it with their eyes open.

I know some have ad concerns about the prices being too high, because of the duty. If someone wants it bad enough, they'll pay for it.

Thank you so much for your response! Yeah I only had one bad experience so maybe I will try it out again!

Back