This weeks soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampy

Reaction score
Cafe Mocha,Coconut Lime,Black raspberry and Vanilla,French Lavender.
Updated with my newest 3
DSCN08071_zpswy2ef3xa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Beautiful! the coconut/lime is my favorite too! As many years as I've been soaping, for some reason I've never attempted a pencil line. Maybe some day I'll get around to it LOL

Have to go with the consensus here, they all look awesome but I am drawn to the Coconut Lime. Maybe it's because I have been searching the pencil line thing over the last couple of days. What did you use to create your line? I have been toying with trying it with coco powder as I have it handy.

Have to go with the consensus here, they all look awesome but I am drawn to the Coconut Lime. Maybe it's because I have been searching the pencil line thing over the last couple of days. What did you use to create your line? I have been toying with trying it with coco powder as I have it handy.
Cocoa powder.I tried another line with embeds lastnight but I forgot to add the fragrance to the first layer so tried to add it in the mold.It didn't emulsify properly so has streaks of fragrance oil through it :(
DSCN08041_zpsfs0stt61.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have to say of the many things I have learned here this one comes up often..I understand that they didn't come out as you expected .. but to be honest .. they still look really good. It seems a common theme of folks posting bars that "didn't come out as expected" that are still awesome.

Appreciate the feedback on the coco powder .. your lines look great! I believe you have set into motion a lined batch in my near future. And now I am off on a journey to find some "Lime/Coconut" FO because that sounds like a winner as well.
:)

As many years as I've been soaping, for some reason I've never attempted a pencil line.

Well I have, and what a disaster that was. I used shamrock green mica, not realising it was one of those bleeding micas! The result was something that looked like mould growing through my soap :(

In fact here it is ... yours are much prettier!

2016-02-07 013.jpg

Last edited:
Cocoa powder.I tried another line with embeds lastnight but I forgot to add the fragrance to the first layer so tried to add it in the mold.It didn't emulsify properly so has streaks of fragrance oil through it :(
DSCN08041_zpsfs0stt61.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like it! If I am not mistaken, I don`t think that is unblended fragrance, if it was it would seep out of the soap and make it collapse. This looks like glyserin rivers to me, and that can sometimes happen with overheating, some fragrances/colorants/liquids added etc. You perhaps used Titanium Dioxide in the lighter crackled part, right? Sometimes that can happen with the TD if not doing a waterdiscount (but actually, it can happen even with a waterdiscount)

Nothing to worry about, it is just a different (and cool) look to the soap! Just use the soap as normal.

Ugh, the dratted TD. I love the colour it gives but I've had so much trouble with it - the worst problem causing chalkiness in my finished soap so that it crumbles and looks horrid. I keep experimenting with it though, just can't seem to give it up.

I like it! If I am not mistaken, I don`t think that is unblended fragrance, if it was it would seep out of the soap and make it collapse. This looks like glyserin rivers to me, and that can sometimes happen with overheating, some fragrances/colorants/liquids added etc. You perhaps used Titanium Dioxide in the lighter crackled part, right? Sometimes that can happen with the TD if not doing a waterdiscount (but actually, it can happen even with a waterdiscount)

Nothing to worry about, it is just a different (and cool) look to the soap! Just use the soap as normal.

I think you may be right.I used a lot of TD in the bottom half to lightin it up before I added a bit of blue.(You cant really see the light blue in the bottom in the pic.)Thanks

Your soaps have a definitive look to them, they look like such a team. Well done! Thank you for sharing!

Your soaps all look great, but I too especially like the coconut lime one. The crackle from TD doesn't bother me when it happens. I actually like the effect.

Latest posts

Back