this weekend's work

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pretty pleased at how this came out. The scent is awesome but too light -- fir needle, rosemary, peppermint. My main quibble is that I WANTED STRAIGHT LINES!! I even did two soaping sessions! Someday....
20220612_190645.jpg

It looks lovely Zing! They look pretty straight to me - the slight wobble is offset by the swirl pattern in the top part so it looks like it's meant to be that way.

I think they are beautiful. Straight lines are SO hard. I agree with Kiwi - the swirl in the top part makes the line look intentional.
Yes, what I meant to say, is that this turned out exactly as planned and required great precision in pouring and technique!
@Ladka , to be more precise, when I pour layered soap, I want totally level layers so that there are straight lines in between layers. Does that make sense? English is hard for me too and I'm a native speaker! :)

I love them. I was going to try to make a bar something like this and I was foiled by an fo that slowed acceleration. I gave up. You've inspired me to try it again though!

Have you tried...
... (gently) smacking your mold down; turn, smack; turn, smack; turn smack?
... allowing the layer to set before adding the next layer, poured (gently) off the back of a spoon?
... setting out a cap full of beer for George-the-Straight-Line God of Soaping ahead of time?

All very technical, I know, but what little experience I have in this area tells me so. :rolleyes:

Back