This weekend's soaps ( so far )

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarad

Reaction score
Here are the ones I did last night, there are more to come today :D I'm on a soapy roll

Please excuse the photo quality, I can't seem to find my darn camera so I'm borrowing my 5 yr old granddaughter's Barbie camera we got her for Xmas ( remind me to buy her a better one next year ) :oops:

Hippy Hippy Shake | Scented with Patchouli - 5 color marbled
hippyhippyshake.jpg

Dooby Dooby Doo | Scented with Jamaican Cannibas ( I personally think it smells nothing like cannibas, but it does smell darn good )
doobydoobydoo.jpg

Dream Catcher | Scented with Indian Moon - 3 color marbled
dreamcatcher.jpg

I love them too! How do you do get the marble effect? Can you send me to a link that would tell me if it's too complicated to explain?

I love your pictures, even with the Barbie camera I can tell the soaps are beautiful.

Thanks,
Stacie

I do hot process in the crock pot so "swirling" is pretty much out of the question for me, so the marbled look is what you get with HP.

Once the soap cooks I take out a bit and add the color, then I just add it back to the pot of uncolored, stir the soap around a couple times and plop it into the molds.

The 5 color one I blobbed into the mold separately, a plop of red, a plop of blue, scattered till I had a layer on the bottom of the mold, repeated till the mold was full. Then I took a wire coat hanger, bent to have a straight side that would fit into the mold, stuck it in, pulled it up, pushed it back in, in a circular kinda motion a few times and that was it.

MsBien said:
I love them too! How do you do get the marble effect? Can you send me to a link that would tell me if it's too complicated to explain?

I love your pictures, even with the Barbie camera I can tell the soaps are beautiful.

Thanks,
Stacie

I seriously need a life. Anyway, here are 3 more soaps I did today. I have one more in the mold but I'm not messing with that till tomorrow.

First up is a coolwater FO - my grandkids LOVE this scent !

Second is a plain coffee soap for the kitchen. My hubby is a chef, so we'll see how well this works on stinky food smells. I detest seafood and I swear he comes home stinkin' like shrimp nightly lol

Last is a simple grapefruit scent - I really like citrus scents but I can all ready tell it's going to fade fast

Those are ALL gorgeous. I like the names you've given them too (Hippy Hippy Shake, lol)

Thanks everyone :)

I'm enjoying my weekend can ya tell ? No kids, no grandkids, just me and the soap pot :D

I could get used to this :lol:

Rhonda your soaps are wonderful. I could never do HP, gave it a couple of tries then gave up, just couldn't get it to look right. But you get it to look great, you even mix colours and marble. What are your tricks?
Do you add glycerin to get it more manageable?

ChrissyB said:
Rhonda your soaps are wonderful. I could never do HP, gave it a couple of tries then gave up, just couldn't get it to look right. But you get it to look great, you even mix colours and marble. What are your tricks?
Do you add glycerin to get it more manageable?

I add nothing to the soap. I just make sure I don't discount water and not overcook at all. It's really smooth still and manageable for me.

Back