This, that and the other soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derpina Bubbles

Reaction score
Just posting em all together. Bunch of salties (thanks Obsidian for the salt soap obsession now spreading around my family and friends). The others 2 are me playing around.

Ok the salties-
Green - Sea salt with Cedarwood, tea tree and lemongrass EOs and spirulina and seaweed.
Blue - Sea salt and peppermint.
Pink - Himalayan salt with rose, geranium and patchouli EO's.

That's my 2nd try at salt soaps. There were a few broken soaps with the pink for some reason. Guess that blend doesn't salt as well :problem:.

*Gots me a ceramic tub for photos. Still can't take a decent photo for poop.

The other 2 are a coconut sherbet (love this scent) pencil line something and a ombre attempt (1st time trying ombre). The ombre was last minute decision and it's scented strawberry champagne. Was meant to do a choc mint soap but realised I was almost out of choc mint FO (facepalm, duh check 1st dopey). My lines are wobblier than a 3 legged table.

Salties 3.jpg

ombre and coconut sherbert.jpg

Those are all so pretty!! I love the patterns on the salty bars, and that ombré is sweet. Your pencil lines really pop - what did you use for them?

I love them all! The subtle pink in the salt bar is especially lovely and I think straight lines are overrated. Wobbly or wavy ones look so much more "alive" and organic. I think your lines look perfect just as they are!

Aw thanks Tienne. I like the pink too. I don't colour the pink Himalayan salt cause it's such a pretty colour. Love that stuff. I get what you mean about the organic look. It's part of the handmade vibe.

It's part of the handmade vibe.

Yes, exactly! The handmade vibe! That's what I was trying to say. :)

I love that little bathtub too, btw. It's so cute! I've seen some tiny tubs on Amazon, but they come filled with regular soap and other syndet stuff and they cost an arm and a leg and I can't justify spending anymore on soap stuff right now, so not only do I have soap envy, now I have tiny tub envy too! :lol:

Yah for salt! they all look great but I really like the one with the gold pencil lines. I too like uneven lines, gives more depth to the bars.

Yes, exactly! The handmade vibe! That's what I was trying to say. :)

I love that little bathtub too, btw. It's so cute! I've seen some tiny tubs on Amazon, but they come filled with regular soap and other syndet stuff and they cost an arm and a leg and I can't justify spending anymore on soap stuff right now, so not only do I have soap envy, now I have tiny tub envy too! :lol:

I had tub envy too. I still have photo box envy. This forum is bad for my credit card. It gives me too many ideas.

The soaps are fantastic and the tub is great, but that countertop shoots us straight to the twilight zone. So just find a table cloth, towel or other solid background so we don't get lost in space!

Bwhaha I got a tub and I got a lazy at the same time. Will send the galaxy far far away next photo!

Latest posts

Back