This May Be a Silly Move (cream soap related)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
But I want to try my hand at making some. I'm a little bored right now, I've not made soap for a few months and I'm still trying to assess all the info that I can process about it. One of the main things I failed to find is how to preserve your soap, if you use a preservative. I'm also interested in the addition of color, for a little fun. Can any of y'all direct me so any resources that may be available or if you make cream soap, can you share your experience, please?

There is a Cream Soap makers group on Yahoo as well as on Facebook. That said, it can take a long time to be accepted into either group and I didn't really find them all that helpful (in that it takes a long time to get any response). I made one batch that's been "rotting" for months now and I really don't know what to do with it. It lathers well but....

I did make one tub of sugar scrub (4 oz) but because there's no added liquid, and it's a lye soap, I didn't add any preservative.

Back