This makes me cringe!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Love the soap she makes - but the mess made totally freaks me out! All those dripping jugs, drops all around the mould, and on the worktop. The whacking of the spatula and the stick blender on the side of the jug which I'm sure splashes batter everywhere.
I might have a bit of your OCD @hungryhawaiian ;) - I would hate to have all this mess while soap making. I barely spill a drop, or make a splatter on the side of the mould. The only exception was that granite soap I made for the Feb challenge - in which I passed all the colours through a colander. That was quite messy - which is why I will never make it again. I don't like mess!
Totally anal soapmaker, me!

very pretty. you would hate to be with me making soap. it did get messy at the end though :) I used a funnel on some of mine but I am going to try this method

I have to mop the floor and wipe off walls and ceiling when I soap... PPE is a MUST for me! (Ok ok so that's a slight exaggeration, it's not quite that bad, but I am messy!)

I am definitely a messy soaper, LOL. There's a reason the whole table gets covered in newspaper first.

Love the soap she makes - but the mess made totally freaks me out! All those dripping jugs, drops all around the mould, and on the worktop. The whacking of the spatula and the stick blender on the side of the jug which I'm sure splashes batter everywhere.
I might have a bit of your OCD @hungryhawaiian ;) - I would hate to have all this mess while soap making. I barely spill a drop, or make a splatter on the side of the mould. The only exception was that granite soap I made for the Feb challenge - in which I passed all the colours through a colander. That was quite messy - which is why I will never make it again. I don't like mess!

Yup, I'm with you on that. I might have a drip or two but I always have a paper towel or clean wet dish rag at the ready. Another thing that irritates me in that video is the floppiness of the liner. That would drive me absolutely nuts.

I am also messy, which is why my counter is covered with a dollar store table cloth. Whacking the SB of the side of the bucket does not splash batter, at least it does not for me and I do the same thing, at times.

Last edited:

I get somewhat messy But what gets me is she is wearing no gloves. I by comparison am in a hazmat suit. I dont splash much but when I do its all on me....

I'm fairly clean when I soap. Helps that I HP mostly and anything that drips can be picked up after and used lol

The few times I've done CP though weren't much more messier either. My containers are messy, like on the inside and the mouth, but no drips and stuff. The sides of my mold are clean.

I work on excess floor tiles that are on top of our wood counter.. Very easy to wipe off soap and many other things with almost anything.

@KiwiMoose I dont think that it was that bad. Seemed like she was rushing but had she left all of it there... that would have been a different story. I am still waiting on her to wipe the middle where the two soap molds meet lol:rolleyes:

Im kind of surprised at how the soap turned out. Looked better in the mold.

Yup, I'm with you on that. I might have a drip or two but I always have a paper towel or clean wet dish rag at the ready. Another thing that irritates me in that video is the floppiness of the liner. That would drive me absolutely nuts.

Those are brambleberry old molds. I used binder clips to keep them up. They were terrible to work with otherwise. Then they made them thicker and made the bars much smaller was so disappointing. My husband made me 6 molds for the original liners but after several years they stretched and made wavy sides. Now I use Nurtures and they are awesome.

I get a little bit messy, too. That's why I use an old shower curtain to cover my workspace.

The only thing that really made me cringe is her not wearing gloves........okay, and just one more thing- wasting all those big puddles of soap batter on her counter. That's nigh unto soap blasphemy in my house! lol Those puddles would not have gone to waste if they were mine (they were huge!). I would either have gathered them up and used them for drizzling on top of the soap to make a top-swirl, or else gathered them all up and spooned them into a small-sized indy mold. Even if they didn't totally fill the indy mold, I would use them as confetti scraps when hardened.

IrishLass :)

yeah I was thinking it was wasteful. I kept telling her in my mind "ya gotta move, hurry up" she musta known her timing though

Ahaha that's nothing compared to the mess I make soaping!

Interesting soap cutter. I've not seen one like that before

Latest posts

Back