This liquid soap it's amazed me

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biarine

Reaction score
I am surfing in the internet about liquid soap and I found this Black Seed Soap in Etsy and the ingredients list below

Ingredients:
Water, black seed, cocoa pod, plantain skin, banana skin, yam skin, lemon skin, watercress, rosemary leaves, basil, parsley, garlic, cucumber, trumpet leaf, tamarind leaf, sage, mustard seed, celery seed, palm kennel oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, mango butter, glycerin, aloe barbadensis, moringa oleifera seed oil and green grass essence.

I can't believe all of that ingredients in one recipe but I can't find the potassium hydroxide.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1476579115.899184.jpg

This from their website. Let's hope the FDA cracks down on their wording, unless it really is a miracle cure:

Our silky smooth unscented liquid Black Seed Soap contains Black Seed and our own blend of all natural medicinal herbs which work together to prevent and ease a variety of skin conditions including; most common skin rashes and irritations, fungus, rashes, scars, hemorrhoids, dandruff, Eczema and Psoriasis. Gye Nyame's Black Seed Soap will improve your overall skin health and hydration.

Black Seed Soap can be used to wash your entire body and it can be used as shampoo.

Black Seed Soap is all natural, with no harmful side effects and is handmade in our facility in Brooklyn, NY.

https://www.gyenyameholistics.com/products/natural-black-seed-liquid-soap

This soap caught my eye as well awhile back.All I can think is that it's a black african soap rebatched with some extras. Alot of extras.10 dollars for 16 ounces?....to me thats reasonable. With all those ingredients plus packaging and labeling...

This soap caught my eye as well awhile back.All I can think is that it's a black african soap rebatched with some extras. Alot of extras.10 dollars for 16 ounces?....to me thats reasonable. With all those ingredients plus packaging and labeling...

Yeah maybe but needed to put in their label if it's rebatched from African black soap because can be misleading.

Very little soap in that baby :D. The first oil appears as the 19th ingredient.

And yeah, the false advertising is quite profound with this one.

Looking at the ingredient list makes me wonder if they are burning the vegetation they list in the ingredients to make the lye used in the soap. That's probably the only way to avoid listing lye on the ingredient list. They do seem very creative with their labeling. Grass essence anyone? What a joke.

I think this ingredients list is pretty creative too. It's certainly not "plain old soap" anymore with all those amazing medical claims!

But I do want to add that I make a sweetgrass themed soap with what could be called "grass essence" although I don't call it that. I grow sweetgrass (Hierochloe odorata) as a hobby. To make the soap, I blend chopped up fresh sweetgrass with water in my Blendtec, strain out the solid material, and use the resulting sweetgrass infusion in my soap. It adds a light green color to the soap that slowly fades to a greenish tan. I don't pretend to believe the sweetgrass infusion provides any special qualities other than color and label appeal, but it's fun. I list the infusion on my ingredients list as "water" and "sweetgrass extract".

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards what Soapmaker145 said...the earlier listed ingredients are being reduced to ash...of course the black seed, which is known for its oil, is in that early on list...not the first soap label I've read which left me scratching my head!

Latest posts

Back