This is why I make soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size are your Lotio

My bars are about an ounce and meant mostly for hands I guess because I made them so small. In tins I put about 1.75 oz. I never thought about a twist type tube. Do you mean like one for a fat chapstick?
That would work the twist up like deodorant tube. Or just a little tin w/ a pretty paper would work. I have not made them yet but considered both containers for the body bar & I'm in favor of the little size body butter like the size of a thin mint chocolate candy, for a one time use. NS have tiny small molds in different shapes. & tins too in different sizes.

The first time I told our son to go get the "Common American Idioms Book" he
thought I said "Idiots", and almost started crying. I laughed. I know I'm a terrible, but it was just so funny not only because he was a drama king but because I thought, "How Freudian of you..." 🤣

😂 Thank you for the tip, I'll try to find this book since I don't catch several things 🤔
So, these sayings mean the same?
"Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

and if it's not too much to ask, when are they used? When someone wants to refer to what?🤔🤔

Its true the home-made soaps are something irreplaceable and once you start using them can't go back, and when traveling it doesn't matter the weight you carry but there have to be the precious bars.

😂 Thank you for the tip, I'll try to find this book since I don't catch several things 🤔
So, these sayings mean the same?
"Mighty oaks from little acorns grow.
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

and if it's not too much to ask, when are they used? When someone wants to refer to what?🤔🤔

They're not quite the same, they were muddled up earlier.

The one about mighty oaks means that big things often have small, humble beginnings. Often referring to achievements, or projects. Also used to refer to the smallest amount of potential in children.
The apple one is used when children have similar traits to their parents.

They're not quite the same, they were muddled up earlier.

The one about mighty oaks means that big things often have small, humble beginnings. Often referring to achievements, or projects. Also used to refer to the smallest amount of potential in children.
The apple one is used when children have similar traits to their parents.
Thank you for your explanation, I appreciate it.

Alas, my kids (who are admittedly teenagers and think EVERYTHING is embarrassing) think my soapmaking obsession is "cringey". But I'm happy and my husband and friends are fans, so it's all good...

Back