This hobby is too addictive!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbecca74

Reaction score
I recently started making soap. I have now made my 7th batch, and have soooooo many bars made that are curing, I'm not sure that we'll be able to use this much.. and I have many more batches that I want to try.... My diningroom is covered in oils, and additives, and butters,.. oh my! I love this!

Yes you do rbecca, you do have to make small batches, just as I do. Meanwhile it helps to find some study subjects to try your soaps on. I some how managed to get down to two shoe boxes full of soap.

Yes I feel your joy I had no idea how much this hobby would consume me and it's made me feel a lot more patient because I'm an impatient person but the children say they love this new soap diva side of me lol. Now when we go shopping it's straight to the oils section for a good look at what's on special to add to my collection of oils piling up in each corner of the home lol

And then Christmas will come and you will panic because you sent out so much soap that you only have ten pounds or so.

I have come to realize I can't make another batch until I find a place that I can put them to cure, that has dehumidifier...
We are in Texas, and have more rain than normal, and 2/ 7 batches have orange spots/areas developing... I'm sooo saddened..

I gave out so many Christmas presents last year. I do not even know how many hundreds of dollars of soap I gave. 95% appreciated them

I have come to realize I can't make another batch until I find a place that I can put them to cure, that has dehumidifier...
We are in Texas, and have more rain than normal, and 2/ 7 batches have orange spots/areas developing... I'm sooo saddened..
I love in Rain torn Texas. Sorry you are having DOS. I have not found that here. I guess I have been lucky

Back