Third batch. First attempt at color and fragrance.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopJuicer

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

After 2 batches I decided it was time to try color and fragrance. I was feeling brave and was going to try a swir too (I laugh now). I think I should have of stuck to one new step in the soapmaking process, not two. As soon as I added the eo it went straight to a very thick trace. Talk about panic lol. I added blue and red in hopes of making purple and it only made pink. By the time it made it to the mould it was too thick to do much with, but I still tried. What I thought was a total fail turned into something I am pretty happy with, and the color came out nice too!

1440120376258356526631.jpg

I love that colour - it's beautiful. What did you use colour and EO wise? Great job!

Thank you! The soap batter was pepto pink. After gel it was this nice purple color. I didn't want to spend too much on color for my first go at it, so i grabbed a pack of red/blue/yellow from hobby lobby made by Life of the Party. I wasn't even sure if it was designed for cp soap, it looks like food coloring. The eo was a lavender blend i got at Michaels.

Very beautiful. If you had not said it was your first attempt at color, I don't think anyone would have known. Congratulations!

That's very pretty :) and I got ambitious on my 2nd batch ... added a FO and colors and it sped up too quick to do much with, but I persevered, only to almost drop the mold, stick.my hand in the middle, and ended up with supreme pizza soap LOL. Your first attempt at color came out way better than mine did :)

Beautiful purple! Also if it changed once, it may change again..will be interesting to see what it does.

I had a feeling the color wasn't intended for cp soap, but it was color that was available at that moment. I will be ordering colors online very soon. I was excited to see the color change! Chameleon soap... it will be interesting to see if it morphs into something else.

I actually did a morphing test on those Michaels colors, the only one that changed was the blue (it turns a pretty shade of lilac) once the soap was done.... Not sure how they hold up long term, I'm only on month two of the waiting game. That's a neat color, I'd call it purple :). Yours look better than mine!

Back