Things to do during Isolation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In her previous flock my daughter had five hens and two roosters, of which the older one was a very small type.When they got a new young rooster everything was OK until he grew. He became racist towards the small old rooster and to a six years old boy: he was soon sent to the butcher's.
I've has some nasty roosters. Funny enough my most obnoxious rooster was a little silver sebright. I don't know if he had a napoleon complex or what but he would attack everything and if people walked by he would fly out of the yard and run into the road to attack them. I ended up giving him away to a guy who wanted a more aggressive rooster for his hens. He wasn't mean to the hens but he was mean to everyone else. Saffron is one of the most laid back roosters I've ever seen. He never gets upset or angry, he never attacks anyone, and whenever I bring out treats he calls to his girls to come get some before he starts eating. He's a gentleman rooster.

Autumn's Little Rooster that stays with the girls is a Silver Polish named Oreo and he is so exotic looking. Actually, he is quite hysterical looking, with his funky topknot. He takes good care of the girls but not so good care of himself. My daughter has to hand feed him to get him to eat. Said he will call the girls to get their treats and walk around them making sure they all get food but he will not eat. So everyday she has to go get him an hand feed him. The other roosters are no longer allowed with the girls. Only Oreo, because he is a little gentleman. It is funny he is the only one that only likes my daughter, so he is her bird.

Latest posts

Back