They swiped my soap samples!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwahlne

Reaction score
So get this.

I keep small soap samples of all my batches on the ledge at the end of my cube at work. People come by and smell them all the time and once a week, I bring small labeled soaps to give away. Everyone has come to expect them now and look forward to the new ripened batch.

So, when I left for lunch today there were 2 labeled soaps left that no one had taken yet. An hour later, I come back and not only were the 2 labeled soaps gone, but ALL OF MY SOAP SAMPLES WERE GONE OFF THE LEDGE!

Sheesh people! They weren't even done curing yet! No labels, nothing! I'm sorry, I'm glad you like them, but that's just rude.

Nobody ever owned up to it.

Does everyone know that the ones on the ledge are not ready?

When they use the uncured bars and it stings the ummm...... sensitive areas :oops: , reckon you will then know who took them.

Digit

digit said:
Does everyone know that the ones on the ledge are not ready?

Yes, everybody who is regularly in the area knows. Someone passing through may not, though.

pepperi27 said:
They really love your stuff!

mir 22 said:
At least they like your soap.....

Yes, I'm trying to focus on that part... :)

digit said:
When they use the uncured bars and it stings the ummm...... sensitive areas , reckon you will then know who took them.
It'll serve them right... :twisted:

I haven't gotten any irritation from my soaps, even less than 24 hours after mixing the fats and lye. The main benefit I've seen from curing is that the soap dries out and hardens up, and lasts longer.

We need laws against soap snatchers! :)

Soap that has cured for a few weeks definitely feels better to the skin than soap that is fresh from the mold though :D And not all skin is created equal.

Latest posts

Back