These turned out perfectly - so thrilled!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are perfect & MUCH harder than they look! What scent did you use?

Thanks Tab

I used something called Forest Fruits from Funwithsoap (Its a South African Company) - it's delicious like a cherry Pineapple with coconut - if that makes any sense - the only other way I could describe the scent is a tropical daiquiri or a singapore slinger ....if you're into cocktails.

BTW - I was just looking at your posts on body butters - is it possible to make body butter with shea butter or cocoa butter and ricebran oil? How do you do that?

Thanks Krissy as well -

I e-learned the layering technique from Anne-marie at SoapQueen.com. It took a couple of tries to get it perfect (the layers were resisting the merge and tended to seperate ) - I then realised that I had to wait less than the 20 minutes between layers as suggested on the site, and pour a little hotter

As long as you mist each layer heabvily w/ rubbing alcohol & pour your next layer before the alcohol evaporates, they should stick fine. Alcohol acts as a glue w/ M&P.

I make my body butters 3 parts sheae & 1 part oil of your choice. Coco butter is hard so if you add cocoa butter you will need to increase the oil content.

and thank you Kitn

My cat just had baby cats and three of them look like your dancing cat!

You should be thrilled with yourself!! They're great - good job!

Melodee

Oh My! they are absolutely gorgeous :shock:
Kudos and pats on the back to you :D

Might I ask what kind of colorants you used?

those are friggin awesome, Tin!! Wow! those colors are glow-in-the-dark awesome!!

Thanks everyone

Strangely enough - I bought a set of primary colour powder concentrate from Funwithsoap . I blended the colours to make the orange, green and purple and I added zinc oxide to all the colours (cos I read that it is a UV inhibitor). We'll have to see if this makes the colour stay as true. Unfortunately I cannot find non-bleeding colour here in South Africa, this is my way around it.

This is fan-blooming-tastic!! I've been wanting to do this for aaaaaaaaages! Now I have the space, I might do so. You're right tho - colours are HUGELY important. I'd better have a looksee what I have. Well done ... VERY well done!! :D

Back