there has got to be an easier way

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CupcakeKisses

Reaction score
I make cupcake soaps. I love making them with M&P. Well now I am on to CP. I tried rebatching and yeah, im not great at it. at all. I have thick goopy liquid soap 5 hours after pouring it. It has a skin but thats it yes, I know I have to keep trying, but I hate it. hate it

When I tried rebatching I added a little more liquid (per the online instructions I found). It also didn't work. Almost 5 weeks later the soap is still quite soft and I'm sure would turn to mush if I used it.'

My next rebatch I hope to use the bag and boil method a couple of people have talked about here.

I posted directions for my rebatch method. I think I'm going to try and make a tutorial since now I have two methods that work very well. Everytime I rebatch mine doesn't glop into the mold it pours not like liquid but still pourable outta the crockpot.

pepperi27 said:
I think I'm going to try and make a tutorial since now I have two methods that work very well. Everytime I rebatch mine doesn't glop into the mold it pours not like liquid but still pourable outta the crockpot.

Please do!!!! I have 2 batches that need to be rebatched. They sit there, taunting me. Mocking me............. :roll:

Digit

I would love to see a tutorial on rebatching! I've tried it twice, once with milk, once with water, both in the crockpot and I ended up with a brown glob of thick goo at the end of both :oops:

CupcakeKisses said:
thats the method I used. maybe too much water, I dont know

I don't know why liquid is recommended because it seems to be the death-knell for those of us here trying a rebatch.

Well that all depends. If your making your cp from scratch then there won't be a water discount therefore you don't need to add any liquid to melt your soap down. Now, if you did a water discount then you would be able to add some water. My rebatches come out okay because I pretreat the soap (soaking in distilled water) making it loose. After that I cook the soap and everytime it comes out pourable but not like liquid.

Maybe it depends on the recipe as to how well the rebatch will turn out.

I've done a couple of rebatches that came out fine. All I did was put the soap through a cheese grater, put it in a large pot and heated it on medium. My stove is electric which doesn't get as hot as gas ones do, or so I've been told. I kept an eye on it at all times. Once it started melting I'd add a little coconut milk to smooth it out and continued to do so: heat and a little milk until it was the consistency I wanted it. Just watch the milk, too much and it's ruined. I didn't use any water.

It spent a couple of days in the mold and once it felt hard enough I took it out and soap! It wasn't as hard or smooth as my cp soap, but I like it, I plan on doing some more.

Back