The year's most powerful storm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
So it's made landfall down south from me... And if what's happening outside is any indication, it must be pretty bad there. I woke up with the trashcan in the middle of the road (thankfully someone moved it).

Please pray for the Philippines y'all.. We're right in the middle of what they're calling the biggest tropical cyclone of this year. It won't be too bad where I am when it's all done and we have the means to recover from whatever losses, but think of those who are already struggling regardless of the storms.

Covid has made evacuation harder, and I'm pretty sure being in one of those centers will increase chances of spreading. Children have been going hungry coz of the pandemic, with parents not earning enough from crops, and being laid off n what not, and now we have to deal with this. Makes me angry at no one in particular sometimes.

Less than a week ago we had another storm, not as big, but it already damaged lots and killed several people. Yeah we get them weekly here in the Philippines, even if typhoon season started late this year. It's gonna be super bad for those who rely on farming as their main source of livelihood.

I'm praying also for those affected by Hurricane Zeta. Thanks in advance everyone :)

Thank you all!

My mom is in panic mode already. They've given our area signal no. 4 now and the winds n rain expected to increase tonight but so far so good. She wants to lift the fridge n washing machine.. And grandma.. Lol

I had no idea. Stay safe girl. Unfortunately i only pay attention to our Atlantic storms.
Understandable. I only pay attention to the Atlantic ones coz we have family in Texas lol. But yeah.. Thoughts and prayers always going out to whoever gets affected by these things.

I am crying for you right now. Im on the coast and know how terrifying it is. I wish there was a way for you to get out
Oh nooo, no don't cry! I will be fine, you'll see :)

We, as a country, are resilient. Have to be. We get at least 20 storms a year. Some not bad at all, some like this. We've completed the alphabet once or twice with storm names lol. We always pick ourselves up after. Huuuugs!!

A perspective
IMG_20201101_132411.jpg

I'm where the pink blob is. We'll be fine. Send your prayers though for the people down south (center of the country) please. They'll really need them.

Thank you everyone! The Bicol region will need all those prayers you are sending out.

Stay safe @Dawni. It was 8 years ago that “Super Storm Sandy was a direct hit where I live and it was devastating. We were lucky but others lost everything. I know how scary these storms can be. Sending prayers to the Philippines.
We were lucky too in 2009. We had to leave the house and the car was submerged but we were still better off than most. We haven't had a repeat of that thankfully.

@AliOop I hope your friends families are safe.. Will send out prayers for them too.

Thank you everyone! Please continue to pray for those severely affected. They've had flooding, roofs being blown off, lahar (dried up lava) mudslides in some places.... The farmers have no more crops.. As if they needed any more on top of covid.

Me too I am so done with 2020.

I won't post pics of that coz they are depressing and I'm sure y'all have seen the news (lots on twitter, FB and IG too), but I'm happy to report our only casualty is one tiny corner of the garage roof, and the mango tree has fewer leaves than 2 days ago. Still got lots though haha
IMG_20201102_120914.jpg

IMG_20201102_121740.jpg

The typhoon is heading out but there's still wind n rain in some areas. We got lucky again this year (so far lol).

The aftermath is what worries me. As common in third world countries, corruption is rampant and its always.. Always been an issue tracing donations. Somehow they don't end up where they're supposed to go. A lot of private companies and citizens have taken up the job of collecting and delivering themselves, just to make sure they're really going to people who need em.

If anyone wants to donate to the Red Cross directly though, I'm sure there's info on the Web. I'll try to include some links too later once I get word of other reputable institutions (or people) to send to.

Thanks again for all the prayers everyone.. Love y'all! 🥰🥰🥰😘

Back