The UN-rant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I came here to do a "woe is me" and then saw some of your messages. I realized MY problems are pitiful compared to so many of yours. Thank you for the reality check. Life is good. My burdens have suddenly become so much easier to bear. I'm sorry for your struggles and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know this sounds absolutely horrible, and I don't mean for it to, but sometimes the easiest way to lift your spirits is to step into someone else's shoes. I hope all of you who are burdened find peace, even if it is just for a moment. In that brief moment, magic can happen and you may see a solution you didn't before. I hope so.

Teresa, you're a sweetie! Thanks for sharing your reality check -- it was a good reminder to me to count my blessings too.

Thank you, Theresa- that's a very good reminder to count our many blessings. :)

And Gent- thank you for my first belly laugh of the day. :lol:

IrishLass :)

Thank you for putting it into words, Theresa. It seems so petty to sweat the small stuff when others are dealing with so much more.

I came here to do a "woe is me" and then saw some of your messages. I realized MY problems are pitiful compared to so many of yours. Thank you for the reality check. Life is good. My burdens have suddenly become so much easier to bear. I'm sorry for your struggles and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know this sounds absolutely horrible, and I don't mean for it to, but sometimes the easiest way to lift your spirits is to step into someone else's shoes. I hope all of you who are burdened find peace, even if it is just for a moment. In that brief moment, magic can happen and you may see a solution you didn't before. I hope so.

I had the very same experience last night. I came to rant about cable bills and got a huge wake up call right here. I feel like my life is pretty good. I agree 200% and many people are now in my thoughts and prayers.

I came to re-visit my "UN-rant" today to quietly reflect and say a prayer for those involved in this weekend's shootings in Orlando, FL. Friday night the senseless murder of a 22 year old woman. Saturday night the senseless murder of 49 men and women having a good time. The only "comfort" (if you can even call it that) is knowing both murderers are dead, one by his own hand, one in a police shooting.

No matter what my situation in life is, it will never be as terrible as Christina Grimmie's brother's. He watched his sister get fatally shot. It will never be as terrible as Christina Grimmie's family. They have to bury one child and comfort another, who will no doubt spend a lifetime wondering what he could have done to "save" his sister. (Mark, you couldn't have done anything. You're a hero. You saved other lives.)

It will never be as terrible as the families of the Pulse club's victims. They'll never get to hold their loved ones again or say all of the things they've been meaning to say. It will never be as terrible as the men and women that survived the horror of that night. Survivors guilt is devastating. So is PTSD. I wonder if they'll ever get the help they need? I pray they do.

One of the things I read regarding the early stages of the investigation is haunting. When the victims were still in the club and everything was quiet, the police heard the ringing of the victims' cell phones. Frantic calls placed to make sure friends and family were OK. Calls to cell phones that would never be answered.

Tragedy has a way of putting life into perspective. No matter how crappy I'm feeling about my life, there's someone, somewhere, going through a much worse time than I am. I hope everyone is able to shoulder the burdens that you've been given.

Godspeed, Orlando.

Orlando.jpg

I came to re-visit my "UN-rant" today to quietly reflect and say a prayer for those involved in this weekend's shootings in Orlando, FL. Friday night the senseless murder of a 22 year old woman. Saturday night the senseless murder of 49 men and women having a good time. The only "comfort" (if you can even call it that) is knowing both murderers are dead, one by his own hand, one in a police shooting.

No matter what my situation in life is, it will never be as terrible as Christina Grimmie's brother's. He watched his sister get fatally shot. It will never be as terrible as Christina Grimmie's family. They have to bury one child and comfort another, who will no doubt spend a lifetime wondering what he could have done to "save" his sister. (Mark, you couldn't have done anything. You're a hero. You saved other lives.)

It will never be as terrible as the families of the Pulse club's victims. They'll never get to hold their loved ones again or say all of the things they've been meaning to say. It will never be as terrible as the men and women that survived the horror of that night. Survivors guilt is devastating. So is PTSD. I wonder if they'll ever get the help they need? I pray they do.

One of the things I read regarding the early stages of the investigation is haunting. When the victims were still in the club and everything was quiet, the police heard the ringing of the victims' cell phones. Frantic calls placed to make sure friends and family were OK. Calls to cell phones that would never be answered.

Tragedy has a way of putting life into perspective. No matter how crappy I'm feeling about my life, there's someone, somewhere, going through a much worse time than I am. I hope everyone is able to shoulder the burdens that you've been given.

Godspeed, Orlando.

It is sad that some can commit such atrocities and apparently feel no remorse...

Lovely, Teresa. We recently lost one of our sons (27 years old) in a single motorbike accident. As horrible as it was, and still is, we have a lot to be thankful for. The manner and horror of the deaths of the poor young people in Orlando must be devastating to their parents, relatives and friends. They are in my thoughts.

Thank you Teresa for a such a well written post. Your writing style is beautiful, and you have a natural talent for capturing the emotion in your writing

Back