The Trouble With Triclosan in Your Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
x

it's frightening what we're are putting in ourselves and the environment!

how many of these things are damaging our DNA? who knows because not enough time and research is given to that part of the equation!

Tanya, thank you for posting that! I've printed it and I plan on laminating it and make copies for the Farmer's Market.

Good info and it also confirms what I've always believed - that we over-medicate and try to stay to sterile in our environment. So again Thank you!

Cheers
Lindy

Once again, we are being scared still of those naughtly little germs.
Seriously though, as I have mentioned before, my teenage son is having a little trouble with his skin, the hot weather isn't helping much, but he is quite prone to blackheads and the odd pimple. Being the good mum that I try to be, I always pick up something for him in the shop that's going to give him clear skin in 6 hours or something ridiculous....every single one of those products in the shops contains triclosan. S C A R Y.
I made a soap for him on Wednesday, it has come out great so far. I ordered blue bentonite clay from Aussie Soap Supplies, so made the soap with the clay, tea tree oil, little bit of lavender, aloe juice. All in all I am hoping that it is going to draw, dry out and moisturise all at the same time. He loves the soap that I make for him, and will never use commercial soap again, so hopefully the one that I made especially for him will be a winner. Maybe I can go into cahoots with Newcastle High School and sell it to all the adolescents with skin problems!!! :lol: :lol:

Thank you so much for that article. I've long believed that antibacterial products are bad for us because we need to be exposed to bacteria in order build up antibodies. But I wasn't aware that the ingredients were toxic :shock:

I see that this ingedient is restricted in Canada but we import and use the products that are listed containing triclosan so I'm going to check labels on those products and see if they contain it here.

Like you, Lindy, I'm going to print this article and keep it with me at markets and fairs. I'm also going to send copies to a couple of people here at work.

Once again, thank you Tanya.

Latest posts

Back