The Swede

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSwedishWitch

Reaction score
Hi there!
My name is Sara and I live in Sweden. I started soaping only 7 months ago, and the reason I dove into this amazing world was because I wanted to use every single bit of our pigs that we butchered. What to do with all that leaf lard?? Soap, of course! The rest is history.

Lard is still my absolute favorite soaping fat, but I always try to widen my horizons.
I also make salves and lip balms, and I'm trying to figure out a good recipe for a natural sunscreen since I'm allergic to regular "chemical" sunscreen. We'll see how that goes.

Did I miss anything in my presentation?

Welcome Sara! I have a soft spot for Swedes . . . especially those that claim to be lard fiends right off the bat! I'm also a huge fan of lard/tallow soaps so I'm a teensy bit jealous of your unlimited supply.

My hubby & I live on a farm with goats, horses & chickens. We actually had a Swedish circus guy board his draft horse and trick goats with us a few summers ago. He was a hoot and I think of him fondly whenever I eat Wasa crackers with lingonberry jam. :)

Back