The struggle is real.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luebella

Reaction score
Waiting to u mold and cut a loaf of soap is the equivalent or worse of waiting for Santa to come on Christmas morning!

Don't be like me, and try to unmold ungelled soap too soon. It's not worth it. Back away from the soap!

impatient.gif

Navigator that was me last week. Big mistake! Now I step away lol

Really, it's the worst part (even more so than cleaning up). It's weird that I have plenty of patience when it comes to curing but have mushed many an edge by peeking too soon. :)

Lmao same!! It's killing me. I have one in a mold now that I promised myself I wouldn't take out of mold until tonight and wouldn't cut till tomorrow so I don't have drag marks.! Struggle! The clean up is Def not fun lol

This will be me when I retire. Right now I make the soap on the weekend and sometimes it is the next weekend before I even think about unmolding. My job takes too much out of an old lady.

Made soap today and I keep checking on it like it's a fussy baby. :) I'll be so happy in the morning when I remember its cut day!

It's sooo tempting! I cut a day earlier today and should have waited! Not too bad but one more day would have been better ugh! It's so hard lol

It's very tempting indded. I made the horrible mistake of cutting early on my last batch ... and ugh. It was kind of a mess. Super mad at myself for not waiting another day or two.

All the dang time. I have three loaf molds so each time I make soap I make three batches and fill every mold. The anticipation to unmold is not only to see what's inside but also to soap more!

Back