The streak is over

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknott76

Reaction score
Man I've gone 15 batches without a glitch. Last night I made a peaches and apricots and I was having some trouble blending my colors. So by the time I was ready to add fragrance, the soap was rather thick and on top of that the fragrance accelerated trace super fast. Now the soap is oily like the fragrance was pushed right out of the soap. Don't know if it's worth using or maybe just make a new one. Anyone had this happen.

Yep, just let it sit in the mold a bit longer to see if it reabsorbs. If it doesn't, you may need to consider the dreaded rebatch if your heart is set on scented soap.

To avoid this, however, mix your FO/EOs in with the oils before adding the lye, that way if it accelerates, you know it, and have time to deal with it. You may end up with a single colored soap, but at least it is usable.

It doesn't really matter as the lye is still very active even at emulsion. I almost always add my EO/FO to my oils before the lye works like a charm.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1447297490.583434.jpg Well here is the end result, not pretty but I left it alone and it retook. Scent is still very nice and I've found that's what my customers care about the most. The look of the bar may get them to pick it up the scent is the reason they buy a bar. So all is well that ends well

I had this happen on a blue and white soap I did before and it ended up looking kinda neat. All the glycerin rivers running thru it

Back