The sort-of birthday craft show

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the suggestions!

A white tent would be ideal (I looked into it already...) however, I actually got this tent for $35 second hand and it looks like it had never been used. It will have to suffice for now as I can't rationalize spending another 100-250 on a tent because... I already have one. Now if I can just get a white cover, that would be great!

I really love the awning idea! That never occurred to me. I'll look into a makeshift one.

And before my next show I hope to have a big banner that says "Handcrafted Soap" with my logo under it.

One more thing, you said you're 5 hours south of me, are you in ft Lauderdale by any chance? That's where my mom is and I'm originally from. I'm going to visit in a couple of weekends!

I havent ordered an awning from here, yet. You might want to look into this one too.

http://www.canopiesbyfred.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=2

Since you already have the canopy.

Last edited:
I noticed that you needed to look available but not too "come to my table so I can talk to you". If you looked too busy (on your phone, not with other customers) no one would stop by but if you are seeking people out it turns people away too.

I have yet to encounter the cellphone people! I'm sure it will happen.

So, near Ft Peirce. Cool! Another Florida soaper, pleased to meet you.
I have this problem, when Iam at the farmers market and I have no customers, what am I to do, I am the type of person that will get a rope and string them in. This past week was like that. I couldnt figure out what to do with myself. I started to get my phone out and I thought no that wouldnt work, then I started to walk out of the booth, but then my booth looked unmanned, So I went over to my neighboring boother and bought a cookie started eating it.:oops:

Back