The soap scent review board

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No - they are all brought into NZ by a supplier here. It was @penelopejane that found out for me they they sourced from Candle Science ( or maybe @SaltedFig?) I can't remember now - some Aussie anyway ;)

Post is from 2009 people
and the reviews from there are all 6+ years old so you can't be sure
Oh - I thought they were referring to the Fragrance Review Chart?

Last edited by a moderator:
No - they are all brought into NZ by a supplier here. It was @penelopejane that found out for me they they sourced from Candle Science ( or maybe @SaltedFig?) I can't remember now - some Aussie anyway ;)

Their fragrances sound great by all accounts. Lots of mine start off fine but then fade away.................... much like my willpower when faced with chocolate :(

No, the original posters from 2009 are discussing the Soap Scent Review Board (SSRB) in its heyday. It's not nearly as active nowadays as it was back then. I still visit it from time to time, but if the reviews are older, I take the info with a big grain of salt. http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/

I think you're talking about the SMF Fragrance Oil Review, amiright? https://tinyurl.com/y8yqhtlt

Wasn't me :D ... I do recall @penelopejane talking about fragrances with you tho, so you were right the first time ;)

Its really too bad the fragrance review board is so inactive. If it was easier to join, it might get more activity.
I actually found it very easy to join. I just sent lilli an email, and she set me up. I wish people would stick with the sites that are sharing valuable information rather than setting up their own sites. The historical information on them is invaluable, just like the dish. I admit that I am unlikely to enter all the data on a new site that I have already entered elsewhere. Maybe I am just lazy. ha ha

FYI, the SRB in the NG section has some updates from me recently. I only did a few

I would say that most, if not the majority, of the scent started on there have had their formulas changed . Many due to ingredients being changed or discontinued.

FYI, the SRB in the NG section has some updates from me recently. I only did a few

I would say that most, if not the majority, of the scent started on there have had their formulas changed . Many due to ingredients being changed or discontinued.
Yes, I am aware of that. That was my point in my post. It would be helpful if people would continue to support a platform that is helpful rather than starting a new one, although a lot of some suppliers inventory has not been changed, if you ask them.

Their inventory may be the same scents, but the Formula's have changed and when they changed years ago, it isn't like they have that still listed on their web site. ie: in 2016 we reformulated this ...

I do know that many didn't even tell people that they had reformulated and that was an issue back in early 2000's

I realized the post was very old but I was commenting that I had forgotten how much I loved the soap scent review board. I still love looking through all the scents but keep in mind many companies are defunct and scents have been reformulated. I just rediscovered it after a soaping hiatus and updated some of my most recent experiences with FOs. Maybe we can bring it back to life.

Its really too bad the fragrance review board is so inactive. If it was easier to join, it might get more activity.
Yes well, if everyone posted there from time to time it would be more active. Honestly, it is still the best and easiest to use source for info on fragrance oils even if the oils themselves have been reformulated due to the fire or the phthalate scare. I do still post there even if I feel like I'm talking to myself....

Back