The soap scent review board

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops1

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me why the site seems to be off line ? ,Tried to go there yesterday and again today but nothing comes up :?

I was wondering the SAME thing! Monet....when I click on your link, I get a blank screen and my IE7 browser says DONE in the bottom left hand corner. I came here looking to see if anyone else was having trouble.

Darn it. I'm making soap tonight and really want to check on the FO's I'm planning to use. They're all from Brambleberry. I've already done a test batch that I split in half and added Lilac (not Cybilla) to one half and Ginger Fish to the other half (separated by a dam).

Now I'm off to do a small batch using Sea Moss.

Oh well, I'll just say a prayer that everything turns out ok.

zeo

Over on another forum a handful of people were writing in with the same dilemma. I have IE and am able to get on, no problem.

Those with IE, one thing you can do is to try checking your 'Compatability View' to update your settings. I've had to do that with a couple of sites recently (not the Scent review Board) and it took care of the problems I was having viewing those particular sites.

IrishLass :)

l use Mozilla but also have IE and changed over to that to see if l could get it and l still couldn't so l have to check compatibility but since computers are not my thing could you please give me an idea what l actually have to do?I love the site and check all the time for help with fragrances .Why oh why do they have to fiddle with things :x

I have Google as my search engine already and l get the same results as Zeoplum.My screen is blank and it says done.When l use your link the same thing happens.This is driving me crackers :x

pops1 said:
I have Google as my search engine already and l get the same results as Zeoplum.My screen is blank and it says done.When l use your link the same thing happens.This is driving me crackers :x

could i look something up for you? i'll try emailing them for you all-just tell me what you want me to say. (i'm no brain when it comes to computers!)

It would be great if you could email them and ask why we are having trouble reaching their site.I haven't got anything specific l need to find out at the moment but l usually go and have a browse every night and l am missing my daily fix :lol:

x

back again! :D

i left a pm with lilli, the administrator of the forum outlining the issue and asking her if she would please post any info here in the SMF forum. i will continue monitoring my "in box" at SSR, too.

hope this gets cleared up soon!

pops1 said:
l use Mozilla but also have IE and changed over to that to see if l could get it and l still couldn't so l have to check compatibility but since computers are not my thing could you please give me an idea what l actually have to do?I love the site and check all the time for help with fragrances .Why oh why do they have to fiddle with things :x

Click on the below link and then click on 'Compatability View' on the left side of the page. It will tell you what to do. HTH! :)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/intern ... asier.aspx

IrishLass

Thankyou Monet and Irish Lass.
I think l will wait until my husband is here to tackle the comparability thing.I did try but whatever l did wasn't right . :oops:

Those instructions appear to be for IE8. I haven't downloaded that one yet. So I'm wondering if it's something else.

I downloaded IE8 and tried the compatibility thing and it says its comparable
but now gives me an error message saying l am not authorised to see it.
:x Now l am really cross.

x

just checked for a message at SSR-nothing.

BTW, i've noticed very little activity on the board for the last week or so.

If you can see the website, don't log out. I can't get on with any of my computers with IE8 or Firefox. I tried the compatibility switch to IE7 and that didn't work. So then I thought if I logged out of my laptop I could log in on my other computer, but now I can't load anything! Luckily I had just done all of my searching yesterday and don't need it, but it looks like something is wrong with the website.

That is so weird how some people are able to log on perfectly fine while others are not. I can log on with absolutely no problem at all, so if anyone needs me to, I am willing to look stuff up for ya until the mystery is solved.

IrishLass :)

Back