The shower steamer monster

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cerelife
Do you wrap your shower steamers immediately, right before sale, or never?

Which product do you use for wrapping? I looked at several on the Etsy forum. I saw plastic film (I'm assuming heat sealed) and zipper pouches,

I'm in Florida. I know I'll have humidity issues! Thanks for the size clarification. How many steamers does the 10 gram silica work for?

Ugh. This tells me that I'm looking towards a fail if I'm to make these.. And I've always wanted to lol. I currently don't have much competition if I were to sell them, but this, what you said, is my worry. That and how to package them without using foil or plastic. This humidity is turning out to be the bane of my existence lol

I wonder if a dehumidifier will work? Coupled with AC? Hmm...

Sorry to hijack Catscankim
Your packaging has to keep the moisture out and the scent in. I’ve seen others use shrink wrap. I used to use plastic jars but switched to foil pouches which work well.

Your packaging has to keep the moisture out and the scent in. I’ve seen others use shrink wrap. I used to use plastic jars but switched to foil pouches which work well.
I made bath bombs a few years ago and stored them in plastic jars... That was better than nothing, but they still ended up absorbing moisture. I like the looks of the foil bag and the convenience of using them.

@cerelife
Do you wrap your shower steamers immediately, right before sale, or never?

Which product do you use for wrapping? I looked at several on the Etsy forum. I saw plastic film (I'm assuming heat sealed) and zipper pouches,

I'm in Florida. I know I'll have humidity issues! Thanks for the size clarification. How many steamers does the 10 gram silica work for?
I've never wrapped them. I store them in the plastic bins and replace the silica packs when needed.
For display I use jars like these with a couple of silica packs in the bottom for bath bombs and the 1/2 gallon size for steamers:
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ch...JjA2onRDbAVoLzAalkXZP_TQ0ZfSxADBoC-TYQAvD_BwEMy steamers are much smaller than my bath bombs, so it's usually about 30 steamers to a box with 2 to 3 silica packs.

Latest posts

Back