Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I do not know if any of you use Cyclomethicone or Dimethicone if you do the Sage has the best price per gallon I can find with shipping. Cyclo is $58 gal and Dimeth is %53 gal, with $7.95 shipping to CA, of course, East Coast could be higher shipping cost. I know many do not use silicones but my oil-free lotion has become one of my better selling lotions and my hubby loves it. This is a man that hates lotions.

Something else I discovered today, Dollar Store Awesome brand Bleach is the same strength as Clorox. I love saving money anywhere I can, and I love MSDS sheets:D.

Thanks.gif

You are welcome. I really goofed up. Of course, after making another batch of lotion I find I am out of IPM and I could have added it to my order under the same ship cost. So even though she is higher than Soapers Choice the order would have still come out less adding in the higher-priced gallon of ipm. Second-order is not getting sent until I am done and find out what all I need. :rolleyes: Five lbs of BTMS 25, with a gallon of IPM, and a lb of Hydrosol it is still 7.95 to ship. Of course, I found myself out of enough BTMS 25 for the next larger batch of oil-free lotion when the silicons arrive, hence order number 2 going in. I know it emulsifies silicone heavy lotion well so I do not change.

Thank you for letting me know Dibbles, I have my second large order in the cart that I had not pushed send, so it will get added. :D Goodness, my supplies account is hating me this month.
I really hope I like it and it sticks since I sprung for a lb of it and as we know Sage's fo's are not cheap. At least this time shipping was free. Don't ask how much my Sage order was. ;) I don't think I have spent this much on supplies in a long time and I am not done.

I really hope I like it and it sticks since I sprung for a lb of it and as we know Sage's fo's are not cheap. At least this time shipping was free. Don't ask how much my Sage order was. ;) I don't think I have spent this much on supplies in a long time and I am not done.
I hope you like it too! Let me know what you think when you get a chance to soap with it. I think it was pretty true to OOB.

I second that. I like the scent too. Goes well with soaps that have a high % of olive oil

Zany,

How does a high % of olive oil effect the fragrance oil, in general?

Is the scent weaker in OO based soaps as compared to lard based soaps?

Could you expand on your comment?

Hiya @Math Ace

Osmanthus is the fragrance associated with the flower of the olive tree. To my mind at least, it is the perfect FO for scenting an OO bar. MMS Osmanthus sticks. I cannot speak for other suppliers.

Interesting question about OO vs Lard based soaps...

IMHO and IME, lard-based soaps are the best for sticking scents, especially if you want to use an essential oil blend with Oakmoss as an anchor. Maybe add a little dry ingredient like oat flour, corn starch, clay or AC to the batch. I have such a bar with activated charcoal on the shelf now -- WSP Bladderwrack EO + FO blend. Like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going. One of my all time favorites. Alas, it is only available in bulk size now -- 25 pounds minimum. Ouff!

Back