The rising cost of...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovedoxies

Reaction score
The whole wheat flour I buy for my pet treats went up from 1.89 to 2.49

Head of lettuce went from 1.89 to 2.39

Coconut oil, 4.63 to 5.68

I bought a jar of molasses from a local grocery store and it must have been on the shelf for a while because it had 3 layers of price stickers, the first 2.68 then 2.79 and finally 2.89.

My hobbies are getting too expensive.

I guess someone has to pay for the increase in minimum wage and rising fuel costs. :(

ilovedoxies said:
The whole wheat flour I buy for my pet treats went up from 1.89 to 2.49

Head of lettuce went from 1.89 to 2.39

Coconut oil, 4.63 to 5.68

I bought a jar of molasses from a local grocery store and it must have been on the shelf for a while because it had 3 layers of price stickers, the first 2.68 then 2.79 and finally 2.89.

My hobbies are getting too expensive.

I guess someone has to pay for the increase in minimum wage and rising fuel costs. :(

The cost of living has gone up considerably.We pay more for everything in Cali. I just spent well over $1,000 Saturday on just groceries alone.No extras,I hardly ever buy junk food and I didn't this time. Milk here is $5.00 a gallon.Bread $4.49 a loaf.. Eggs $12.00 a flat wheat flour $ 3.98 5 lb bag.That's just for a family of 4,just the basics.

And on top of everything else in Cal we haven't seen a cost of living increase in years, But taxes have gone up,cost of living has skyrocketed
State employees are getting laid off by the thousands. 21,000 last time I had the stomach to look.Some have the threat of receiving minimum wage for a paycheck,looming over their heads.

I feel bad for family's here that have lost there homes due to foreclosures.

It's cheaper to live out of state then it is to live here.
Move back east.

I can't afford my wax habit,I spend more time cooking everything,not going out having some fun once in a while,who can afford that here?

Ok.. I'm done now.. breath in.. breath ouuutttt :)

Munky.

I sympathize. Everything is getting more costly....making my own bread and all homemade meals helps a bit, but it's difficult when wages aren't rising to match the cost of living.

Don't get me started on the cost of soapmaking supplies. Whoa!....will have to pass some of that cost on to the customers.

Back