The photo thread!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice pics!! I like them!!

The gamecock reminds me of my mother, well indirectly of course...My brothers and I dont live with her anymore sooo...talk about empty nest syndrome, what does my mother do?? she goes out and buys a rooster and a hen....she was so cute lol...loved those things like little children always telling me about how shed go out and feed them and on cold nights take them into the laundry room in a box where they slept happily, apparently the osprey's that lived in the area took a fancy to them...wound up getting the hen one day, and then the rooster about a week after that...she was sooo sad when that happened.. I felt so bad!!!

I told her she needs to stop getting chickens and buy an eagle or a falcon ...then IT will eat other stuff instead of the other way around lol...

Tank you so much for the nice comments.

IanT, that is so sad. Tell your Mother I feel for her.
We have something getting ours too.
I had 14 baby chics this Spring, and all of them are gone.
We think it is a possum.

Our chickens roam free in the yard, but we have had to put them back in the chicken coop, because of this.

I don't want to lose my rooster.

Keep them protected!! I think if I was her and I did it again (though I dont advocate cages) I would have probably set up a square cage around them so no birds of prey could get at them from above, but then you run the risk of a fox or something getting into the cage and eating them anyone since theyd have nowhere to run...easy pickin's....

I feel bad for her too!!

awww and the lil chics!!......I guess thats just how life works but awwww....... :(

Missjulesdid said:
Makeartnotwar: My granddaddy's people are from there. the Fox family lived there on that mountain for many generations but were kicked off by the feds when the park was being built. I try to go every so often and see the family cemetery where many of my ancestors are burried...and where the homes once stood. It's all off the Fox Hollow trail at the north end of the drive. Good to know: if your people are burried in a national park, you can get in for free if you are going to visit the cemetery. We've never once paid to go on skyline drive.

I think it is pretty cool you have family history here. All of my family history up to my mom is in Denmark so we just made our own roots here in VA.

I want to take the boys up to Skyline this week. It is about 15 minutes away. Love it.

Beautiful butterflies! Sorry, I have no pictures to post, but I just wanted to express my appreciation for the beauty captured in all of the pictured posted. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back