The photo thread!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We still have snow, but it warmed up to 10 Celsius today, so I took out a lawn chair and soaked up some sol. We Canucks are tough, aren't we?

Snowsitting.jpg

lol yes woodi...quite tough indeed! Id be wrapped up like an eskimo with snow on the ground still lol...

LOL - oh Woodi, too funny! Here in SE Ohio we have green poking thru everywhere. My salvia, yarrow are both really popping up. My lavendar is as well. Last year I took some sedum and hens and chicks and planted them in between the stones of a stone walled bed I have and OMG - today I noticed they are coming along beautifully! It was a beautiful 75deg. here today - I, too, can't wait to get into my flower beds!!!!!!! OH, my lilacs are budding too. :D k

Here are some I like..

whitetree.jpg

This is a sketchy photo but the moon was SO huge right behind my house I had to post it.

IMG_3527.jpg

What happens when holiday stuff goes on 90 percent off and I find stuff to make.

DecemberandJanuary20078219.jpg

Jess1.jpg

Mumble.jpg

Okay and not a photo but I love this graphic way too much, lol.

il_430xN_8642154.jpg

that moon is so beautiful!!...

that mouse looks sooooo comfortable too lol...awwwww

I'm in! lol These are here at Dawes Arboretum in Ohio. Between taking pics of the kids, I try to get others in too. lol
These three are where we got engaged...only that was 1993...time flies!
100_0437.jpg

100_0433.jpg

100_0506.jpg

Sunflower in the garden beside the "mansion"
100_0226.jpg

This is the old water house beside the cabin where they make maple syrup
100_0175.jpg

This is the old "Dawes mansion" it is amazing inside, but it has been YEARS since I have been in....hmmm, wonder if I can get pics inside then? lol
100_0215.jpg

Mandy girl.....I don't know where you are in Ohio, but Dawes Arboretum is only 1/2 hour from me and my hubby proposed to me at a covered bridge not too far from Dawes. Small world!!!! Great pics!

Makeartnotwar - I love the tree pic! Are you looking down to take that pic?? Very cool and the little mouse/rat - you can almost feel those little feet. k

gallerygirl said:
Mandy girl.....I don't know where you are in Ohio, but Dawes Arboretum is only 1/2 hour from me and my hubby proposed to me at a covered bridge not too far from Dawes. Small world!!!! Great pics!

We just moved in December-so I am only about 5 minutes away from Dawes now! lol That was part of what I lied about here-the kids love going there-and then I have my memories there too. ha I was taken to the japanese garden there at the water-only in the little shelter that is there. He called me the morning of my prom and told me we needed to talk and took me there. I figured he was dropping me because we had a fight the night before...go figure. :wink:

We love covered bridges....you'll have to let me know where it is. :p

wooooow beautiful pics!!... I am so glad I started this thread I love seeing what others unleash from their waiting cameras!!

Mandy, Ohio has, I believe, the most covered bridges in the USA. ( my husband would definitely know) I have seen about half of them. There are many, many in our neck of the woods. I will ask hubby to list some for me and get them to you. k

covered bridges remind me of the legend of sleepy hollow for some reason lol....

Makeartnotwar: My granddaddy's people are from there. the Fox family lived there on that mountain for many generations but were kicked off by the feds when the park was being built. I try to go every so often and see the family cemetery where many of my ancestors are burried...and where the homes once stood. It's all off the Fox Hollow trail at the north end of the drive. Good to know: if your people are burried in a national park, you can get in for free if you are going to visit the cemetery. We've never once paid to go on skyline drive.

Gallerygirl - planting hens & chicks? :shock: Things have changed since I lived in the country. :lol:

Mandy93 - you know you snuck into my backyard and took those incredible pictures. Okay, maybe not......but it DOES resemble my backyard in my imagination. :lol:

I would love to see pics of covered bridges in Ohio. I am painting one into a folk art table today!....what a coincidence to open this thread.

Woodi - my hubby is a wonderful photographer and has photographed many, many bridges here in Ohio. As soon as I can get to my scanner (right now it is covered with....whatelse.....soaping things) lol. I will scan some and post. I have done several covered bridge paintings myself. In fact, I am blessed to have a covered bridge painting by my grandmother and my great grandmother....I have them hanging together in my dining room with mine. I had no idea they had done theirs and when I went thru grandma's attic came across them - tickled me to pieces!!! k

Here's some of mine.

My Carolina Gamecock...Little brandon
100_0492.jpg

My Parrot fish.
100B0700.jpg

Our Lab...Teaka
100_0950.jpg

One of our horses...Tigger
100_0520.jpg

Me........LOL
Color.jpg

As you can see, we are animal lovers.