The Olympics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was watching them too. I love that YouTube has clips from all of those long ago Olympics that I still remember. I went back and watched Bela Karolyi carry Keri Strug after she landed the vault on one foot, and Nadia Comaneci, Mary Lou Retton and Olga Korbut. I love YouTube!!!

It's killing me that I can't watch it live. I can't find any videos or anything yet.
me too! NO TV in this house only ever matters every four years during the Olympics! (I guess that's really every two since they split winter and summer but you know what I mean. :D )

My husband woke me up to tell me the Men's Swim team won their relay race. So happy for the USA teams! It's been great so far with some (WOW) upsets.

Katie Ledecky all by herself at the finish line 5 seconds ahead of everyone else (swimming) and over a second faster than her own world record was awesome!

It was amazing! A full body length in front of the World Record line and just smoking everyone else in the pool. Truly a "wow" moment.

The USA ladies' volleyball match today was a fun one to watch too.

I watched doubles white water today for the first time ever - they have the best facial expressions in the super slo-mo replays!

I am so enjoying watchng the Olympics (at least a lot of the events). So much talent. I just wish they wouldn't show some of the earlier events so late at night. I start work at 6 am and it's interfering with my beauty sleep. :)

Newbie, Guspuppy, and anyone else who can't get Olympic coverage, my local NBC affiliate has coverage online. If your's does not, feel free to PM me for info.

Newbie, Guspuppy, and anyone else who can't get Olympic coverage, my local NBC affiliate has coverage online. If your's does not, feel free to PM me for info.

thanks to this post and consequently searching my local NBC affiliate, I discovered there is a site (nbcolympics.com) which seems to be free, where I can watch stuff live! I hadn't even bothered to search because last time NBC was charging money to watch online. Thank you Susie!!

Know I will get shot down for this but....

......dont forget that when team USA are wiping the floor with their opponents some of their opponents fans and countrymen are on here too!!

......dont forget that when team USA are wiping the floor with their opponents some of their opponents fans and countrymen are on here too!!

Nobody is bashing anyone. You are free to brag about your Olympians....

It just so happens a lot of us live in the USA. You are certainly free to participate and cheer your team.

This is all for fun. Someone has to win.

thanks to this post and consequently searching my local NBC affiliate, I discovered there is a site (nbcolympics.com) which seems to be free, where I can watch stuff live!

When I check that link I get this:

Live Stream/Replay Preview
Your temporary access to this content will expire in
29 Mins :09 Secs
For full access to LIVE streams and full-event replays of the Rio Olympics, verify your cable / satellite / telco subscription now.

Sign In

meaning that I can only watch for about 29 minutes, and since I don't have cable or satellite service that's all I get. And it remembers me when I leave and come back, so the timer doesn't reset. In fact, it apparently keeps running while I am away from the site.

Last edited:

No one is bashing anyone from the UK. OR anywhere else. The only person remotely referred to in any negative light is the Russian that tested positive for doping. Twice. Those people have no place in the Olympics, or indeed any other competition. I don't think the whole team should be banned, but anyone with a positive test within the last two years should be.

Back