The new kitchen has begun...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
Before and after...ish. I always forget to take real before pics...lol...and it's not quite done yet, still needs trim, and it's only 1 wall so far.... but I'm so thrilled with the way it's looking.

14102745_10154576248836122_4712465743483689684_n.jpg

14192564_10154576250771122_2719767383687820426_n.jpg

Save the old cabinet/shelves for the basement, paint them and use them to store soap. That's what I did when my neighbors redid their kitchen. I picked some of their old oak cabinets for my basement. Just paint them a color you like.

Your new kitchen looks nice and bright!

When the previous owners re-modeled this kitchen, they put the old cabinets in the laundry room and the garage. I think one or two went into the basement as well. Both my husband and I are glad of the extra cabinet space in these locations.

Congratulations on the new remodel, Stacyspy.

It's so gratifying when you finally make renovations, especially if you've waited a long time to do so. And a kitchen gets used so much, that any changes for the better will make such a difference. I envy all those cabinets...my kitchen is SO tiny! Please post pics as you go along.

If DH weren't so gung ho, I certainly would've saved them...lol... I do believe he was so tired of fixing things, he took out his frustrations on them...

Save the old cabinet/shelves for the basement, paint them and use them to store soap. That's what I did when my neighbors redid their kitchen. I picked some of their old oak cabinets for my basement. Just paint them a color you like.

Your new kitchen looks nice and bright!

My kitchen was also very small, and u shaped, and I could stand in the middle and touch both sides... not any more...lol... the half wall thingy is gone, and we're combining kitchen and dining rooms. It will take some time to complete all the small things, but I couldn't be happier.

It's so gratifying when you finally make renovations, especially if you've waited a long time to do so. And a kitchen gets used so much, that any changes for the better will make such a difference. I envy all those cabinets...my kitchen is SO tiny! Please post pics as you go along.

Back