The new kitchen has begun...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Soapmaker145

Reaction score
Save the old cabinet/shelves for the basement, paint them and use them to store soap. That's what I did when my neighbors redid their kitchen. I picked some of their old oak cabinets for my basement. Just paint them a color you like.

Your new kitchen looks nice and bright!

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
When the previous owners re-modeled this kitchen, they put the old cabinets in the laundry room and the garage. I think one or two went into the basement as well. Both my husband and I are glad of the extra cabinet space in these locations.

Congratulations on the new remodel, Stacyspy.

navigator9

Reaction score
It's so gratifying when you finally make renovations, especially if you've waited a long time to do so. And a kitchen gets used so much, that any changes for the better will make such a difference. I envy all those cabinets...my kitchen is SO tiny! Please post pics as you go along.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
If DH weren't so gung ho, I certainly would've saved them...lol... I do believe he was so tired of fixing things, he took out his frustrations on them...

Save the old cabinet/shelves for the basement, paint them and use them to store soap. That's what I did when my neighbors redid their kitchen. I picked some of their old oak cabinets for my basement. Just paint them a color you like.

Your new kitchen looks nice and bright!

Stacyspy

Reaction score
My kitchen was also very small, and u shaped, and I could stand in the middle and touch both sides... not any more...lol... the half wall thingy is gone, and we're combining kitchen and dining rooms. It will take some time to complete all the small things, but I couldn't be happier.

It's so gratifying when you finally make renovations, especially if you've waited a long time to do so. And a kitchen gets used so much, that any changes for the better will make such a difference. I envy all those cabinets...my kitchen is SO tiny! Please post pics as you go along.

Latest posts