The MAX fragrance you would add to soap..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! So many wonderful responses!! Thank you ALL!!! I’m realizing more and more just how complicated soap making can be, as are most beautiful crafts. It’s not turning me away, it’s actually grabbing my interest even further. I’m going to let myself truly enjoy the learning process and focus on a few things at a time. Right now it’s finding ingredients I like and developing a few recipes that satisfy me. During that process I’m going to slowly learn the art of soap fragrance. I’m putting colors, swirls and designs down the road, maybe a couple years (I say that now, but... 😆 🤷‍♂️) I’m in this for the long run and I’d prefer the gratification of achieving my goals rather than rushing the process. I know I sound like a broken record, but I’m SO grateful to have been welcomed into this wonderful community. THANK YOU!!

Hi, Steph, when you say that you add your essential oils to your heated oils AND then, your fragrance oils at light trace..... Do you mean you add both , like mix them? EO and FO . Just trying to learn whatever helps me to make my soaps more aromatic... thanks

Hi, Steph, when you say that you add your essential oils to your heated oils AND then, your fragrance oils at light trace..... Do you mean you add both , like mix them? EO and FO . Just trying to learn whatever helps me to make my soaps more aromatic... thanks
Hi Emmamia, I was actually quoting FragranceGuy's post about adding FO to soft oils and adding EOs to heated oils. It's a method he plans on experimenting with.

I haven't tried that method personally.

There are several people on the forum who marinate their EOs in Kaolin Clay for at least an hour and then add it to their soap for a longer lasting scent. I've not tried this method either.

I'm not an expert at long lasting scents. I typically add both my EOs and FO's shortly after adding my lye solution to the oils.

IME, I find that if a FO has good scent retention, it has good scent retention. If it doesn't, using more doesn't help that; it just makes the scent stronger during the time it is fragrant. I hope that makes sense. I typically use 4%. I just picked up a soap tonight that was made in 2019 that smells like I made it last week. All FO's are definitely not created equal.

Latest posts

Back